U.S. telehealth market is expected to reach USD 2.8 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Increasing access to basic healthcare is the major aim of telehealth along with improved healthcare quality and patient safety by early detection and diagnosis. According to a report published by the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ), implementation of telehealth solution improves quality of care delivery to patients.
The rising demand for self care and independent living along with the concept of home care is highly appealing to the population. The Rhode Island Partnership for Home Care reported that in 2014, over 20,000 citizens demanded for home care that led to approximately 1,000,000 visits by healthcare providers. Advantages that drive the higher adoption for home care include better psychological impact on patients, provision of friendly environment, care provision as per patient needs, and cost-effectiveness.
Also, rising geriatric population requires round-the-clock monitoring in homes as they are prone to various chronic ailments. Telehealth system reduces hospital visits and re-hospitalization of patients, along with round-the-clock remote monitoring and allows patients to recover within the comforts of their own home. Telehealth and tele-monitoring devices tender numerous benefits to cater to these demands and hence propel market growth.
Browse full research report for U.S. telehealth market:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Hardware segment are expected to account for over 40.0% market share by 2022 owing to, video memory, general memory, internet connection and emailing feature, processor speed and display quality are expected to boost the market growth.
- Software segment is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR of over 18.0% during the forecast period. The adoption rate for integrated software is higher as compared to the standalone software due to higher options and applications along with cost-efficiency. Examples of integrated solutions include examination cameras, connected devices and software, and telehealth stations.
- Key players of this market include Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Bosch Healthcare, Intel, IBM and McKesson Corporation.
- Market participants are involved in manufacturing wide range of telehealth services and software that can be used for patient monitoring, self care and post op monitoring.
- For instance, in May 2015, Philips announced that the joint program between Philips Telehealth and Banner Health helped reduce costs by 27% and hospitalizations by 45%. The pilot at-home program was used on patients suffering with critical illnesses that accounted for 50% of the healthcare spending.
- In August 2015, McKesson Technology Solutions through their RelayHealth unit launched the ICD10Central.com. The platform offers easier collaboration between payers and providers. It also has feature of online forums to promote social media communication and quick responses to billing queries by the providers.
Request for sample of this research report:
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. telehealth market on the basis of products, delivery mode and end-use:
U.S. Telehealth Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Medical peripheral devices
- Blood pressure meters
- Blood glucose meters
- Weighing scales
- Pulse oximeters
- Peak flow meters
- ECG monitors
- Standalone software
- Integrated software
- Remote patient monitoring
- Real-time interactions
- Store and Forward
- Other services
U.S. Telehealth Delivery Mode Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- On-premise based
U.S. Telehealth End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States