SUNNYVALE, CA – 08 Feb, 2016 – Sierraware, a pioneer in virtualization and security, today introduced the industry’s first Virtual Mobile Infrastructure solution for ARM®-based System on a Chip (SOC) servers. With SierraVMI for ARM servers, customers can cost-effectively provision and host mobile apps in their data center and ensure sensitive data is never downloaded to end users’ mobile devices. SierraVMI prevents sensitive mobile data from getting into the wrong hands by monitoring user activity and preventing users from distributing sensitive data.
ARM servers are the ideal platform for hosting SierraVMI, increasing total computing capacity while driving down operating costs. Sierraware customers can reduce their data center footprint by hosting hundreds of concurrent user sessions in a single chassis system.
ARM servers deliver:
• Up to 10x better performance compared to traditional x86 servers.
• 100% mobile app compatibility. Many mobile apps are designed to run on ARM platforms.
“Workload-targeted server platforms based on the ARMv8-A architecture are ideally suited for mobile applications on SierraVMI due to the efficiency and scalability advantages,” said Lakshmi Mandyam, director, server systems and ecosystems, ARM. “The combination of the expansive ARM mobile ecosystem and ARM’s highly scalable, server-class compute capabilities gives Sierra a compelling new option to run their platform more efficiently while also significantly lowering costs.”
“ARM servers are the only platform that can support hundreds of concurrent VMI sessions on a single physical server,” said Gopal Jayaraman, CEO of Sierraware. “SierraVMI together with ARM allows VMI customers to scale out their mobile security infrastructure while reducing data center power, cooling, and space costs.”
Benefits of SierraVMI for ARM Servers
SierraVMI helps solve today’s mobile security and operations challenges, by enabling organizations to host mobile apps on efficient ARM servers and provide fast, personalized access to those mobile apps from any device and location.
SierraVMI also allows customers to:
• Eliminate data loss caused by device theft – With SierraVMI, sensitive data is never downloaded to mobile devices.
• Monitor user activity for unauthorized access or data leaks – Many traditional Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions cannot track data access on unmanaged mobile phones. With SierraVMI, organizations can log data access, prevent users from storing data on their devices, block screen captures, and display a watermark with the user’s name across the display to prevent data loss.
• Enforce strong authentication – Using SierraVMI, organizations can enforce dual-factor authentication using a combination of passwords, one time passcodes, and client certificates to identify users.
SierraVMI for ARM-based architectures is available now. To access to SierraVMI, contact email@example.com. Learn more about SierraVMI Virtual Mobile Infrastructure or request a live demo.
Sierraware is a leading provider of virtualization and security solutions that change the way applications are accessed and data is secured. Sierraware’s virtual mobile infrastructure (VMI) software empowers developers to support all mobile platforms with a single app and to protect data and monitor user activity. SierraVisor Hypervisor and SierraTEE Trusted Execution Environment for ARM TrustZone deliver embedded virtualization platforms for ARM-based architectures.
Distributed by Press Release Jet
Company Name: Sierraware
Contact Person: John Chen
Phone: 408 337 6400
Country: United States