Hydreabad – Riding on the positive sentiment from the latter half of 2015, hiring in 2016 is expected to continue in an upbeat manner. Various Government initiatives such as Make in India, DigitalIndia, Smart Cities and Skill India have helped generate the momentum that will result in strong hiring activity this year.
The increased focus on digital initiatives has in turn boosted the growth of the BFSI, Retail and ITeS sectors while the Government’s thrust on making in India has seen the Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals and Automobile sectors receive a boost.
These improved hiring sentiments are expected to cause a domino effect across sectors and result in a focus on leveraging the passive talent pool to meet immediate hiring.
The Wisdomjobs.com 2016 Hiring Outlook Report takes an in-depth look at the in-demand roles and skills, salary trends and top hiring locations across key sectors such as IT, ITeS, BFSI, Retail, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Automobile, FMCG and Pharmaceuticals.
Some highlights are shared below:
• The focus on Digital India, Make in India and Internet of Things will see a rise in demand for entry level candidates. Content writing, digital marketing, quality control, logistics and business development will see high levels of hiring at the junior levels.
• Middle and senior level demand will be driven bytechnology and engineering, EDP and MIS roles.
• E-commerce will drive the demand for product development, supply chain management and retail management roles.
• Skills in demand will be application programming, cloud computing and big data analytics.
• Jobs in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi are expected to see an increase in this sector.
• Average salary hikes for the sector are expected to be in the range of 7-10.
• The sector is expected to see a rise in opportunities in voice process, technical process and telemarketing roles at the junior level.
• Middle and senior levels will see an increase in demand for financial analysis, quality assurance, operations and business analysis roles.
• Specialists in blended process, customer service and technical writing are expected to be in demand.
• Chandigarh and Mumbai are expected to see the maximum increase.
• This sector will see salary hikes being linked to key skills and their impact on business performance.
• This sector will see a demand for buyers, merchandisers, product designers and logistics professionals. E-Retailers will also hire in numbers for content writing and editing, web designing, programming, lead management and technical profiles.
• Middle level roles will see an increase in hiring for logistics, finance and marketing professionals.
• Skills in demand will be store management, merchandising, channel sales and operations.
• This sector is expected to see an increase in Bangalore and Kolkata.
• Salary hikes in this sector are expected to vary widely starting from 8% and going up to 20% for top performers.
• This sector will see opportunities growing in Engineering & Construction, Project Management and Sales/Business Development.
• Junior levels will also see a rise in demand for HR and procurement professionals.
• Skills in demand will be quality assurance, quality control and design automation.
• Pune, Chennai and Ahmedabad are expected to see the maximum increase in this sector.
• Salary hikes are not expected to exceed 7 to 8% at best.
• The sector will see a growth in demand for financial analysis and wealth management profiles, driven primarily by the insurance industry.
• Mid and senior level hiring will see a rise for functions such as treasury management and technical valuation.
• Skills in demand will be digital marketing, direct marketing and channel selling.
• This sector will see a rise in Mumbai and Bangalore.
• Salary hikes are expected to be in the region of 12 to 14% for this sector.
• The sector is expected to see a rise in demand for roles in digital marketing, R&D, technology support, sales and logistics.
• Mid and senior level hiring is also expected to increase in quality assurance, marketing and advertising, business management and IT roles.
• Skills in demand will be manufacturing, visual merchandising, production management, quality assurance and supply chain management.
• Jobs in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Pune will be on the rise in this sector.
• The average salary hike for the sector is expected to be around 12%.
• This sector will see a rise in demand for civil, mechanical and electrical engineers.
• While senior levels will see a demand for production management, quality management and procurement profiles, middle level demand will be for R&D and maintenance profiles.
• Skills in managing automated processes will see high demand.
• Hiring growth is expected to be the maximum for region followed by Bangalore and Mumbai.
• Average salary hikes will be around 12%.
• This sector will see a growth in opportunities in biotechnology, R&D and specialty medicine roles.
• Middle and senior levels will see a demand for business management, sales, technology and alternative medicine professionals.
• Skills in demand will be analytical chemistry, radiology, physiotherapy and medical imaging.
• Delhi NCR and Mumbai will see the highest hiring in this sector.
• The sector will increasingly see salary hikes being linked to business performance.
• The sector will see demand rising for sales, R&D, digital marketing, technical sales and logistics profiles.
• Mid and senior level hiring will see an upsurge for corporate sales, audit and risk, plant management, and financial analysis roles.
• Skills in demand will be design and engineering, production, maintenance and project management.
• This sector is expected to see a spike in hiring for jobs in Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad.
• Salary hikes are expected to be in the range of 11 to 14%.
About Wisdom Jobs
Wisdomjobs.com (part of Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd.) is a unique 4th generation job portal that helps job seekers and employers to find each other quickly and efficiently.
Started in Hyderabad by Ajay Kolla – a young technopreneur – in 2010, Wisdomjobs.com is a 230 strong company with a turnover of INR 32 Crore. The company has grown exponentially in the last 3 years with an average turnover growth of 200% since 2013.
With a database of nearly 30 million, over 13 million of whom are skill-tested and rated through our proprietary tool (Pragnya Meter), we make it extremely easy for recruiters to identify the right candidate to be interviewed, in much lesser time.
Wisdom Jobs enables job seekers to showcase their competency through skill scores, and employers to carry out online screening and assessments for shortlisted candidates before meeting them for personal interviews.
An ISO 9001:2008 certified company with a clientele numbering 3500+, Wisdom Jobs is the first and only job portal to offer a voice broadcasting facility (VConnect,) to enable employers to effectively reach and engage job seekers.
Company Name: Wisdomjobs.com
Contact Person: Sandip Nair
Phone: 040 66 282 441
Address:Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd. Plot No. 305, 2nd Floor, Ayyappa Society, Madhapur
State: Andhra Pradesh