The global metrology services market is expected to reach USD 824.6 Million by 2020. Increasing demand for high-precision components in key end-use industries such as automotive, electronics and power generation is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Development of metrology software packages such as Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Robotic Metrology among others is expected to ease the implementation of metrology services in manufacturing industries. Integration issues, emerging as a result of the lack of a universal system, are expected to pose a challenge to the growth of this market. Additionally, increased bargaining power of buyers may hinder industry growth.
Browse the Full Metrology Services Market Research Report at:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Optical Digitizer and Scanners (ODS) dominated the metrology services market, accounting for over 55% of the overall revenue in 2013, primarily due to greater precision and accuracy offered as compared to Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM). Bridge machines emerged as the leading CMM product segment in 2013, accounting for over 30% of the overall market revenue in 2013. Bridge machines are better suited for repeated measurements and are easy to calibrate. Laser trackers generated the highest revenue among ODS products, which can be attributed to their enhanced accuracy and high speed of operation.
• Industrial applications emerged as the leading segment in 2013, accounting for over 25% of the overall market revenue. This is primarily due to the use of metrology services in crucial operations including quality control, inspection and mechanical design among others. Automotive applications are expected to witness significant growth due to an increased level of precision in components as a consequence of technological developments in automobiles.
• North America metrology services market revenue is expected to reach USD 244.4 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2014 to 2020.
• Asia Pacific is expected to be the market leader over the next six years and contributed over 30% to the global market revenue in 2013, mainly on account of booming automotive industry along with other end-use industries including medical and manufacturing.
• Key companies operating in the market include Nikon Metrology Inc., Carl Zeiss Corporation, Optical Metrological Services, Hexagon AB, Danish Micro Engineering A/S, Renishaw Plc., Optical Gaging Products Inc., Trescal SA and FARO Technologies Inc.
Request a Sample Copy of this Report at:
Related Report of this Category by Radiant Insights:
• 3D Mobile Devices Market:
• AC Wall Adapters Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process.
The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States