The global Freeze Drying Equipment Market is expected to reach USD 35.81 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Rapid developments in food processing and pharmaceutical industries are expected to drive the demand of freeze drying equipment over the next six years. However, cost intensive set up of freeze drying equipment is likely to restrain the market. High initial cost prohibits such equipment from reaching its full potential by their substitution with traditional methods in small scale industries.
Industrial freeze dryer emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for 44.7% of total market revenue in 2013. However, mobile freeze dryer is expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 12.1% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing adoption of mobile freeze dryers across various end use industries is expected to fuel its demand over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on Global Freeze Drying Equipment Market:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Food processing emerged as the leading application segment for freeze drying equipment and accounted for 35% of total market revenue in 2013. However, biotechnology is expected to be the fastest growing application segment at an estimated CAGR of 12.2%. Growing trend towards adoption of sustainable products is expected to remain a key driving factor for biotechnology which in turn is expected to contribute to the growth of free drying equipment in biotechnology industry. Global demand for freeze drying equipment for pharmaceutical industry is expected to exceed USD 7 billion by 2020.
- North America dominated the global market for freeze drying equipment and accounted for 34.7% of total market revenue in 2013. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market for freeze drying equipment market at an estimated CAGR of 12% from 2014 to 2020. Growth of major end use industries such as food processing and pharmaceutical mainly in China and India is expected to drive the regional demand for freeze drying equipment over the forecast period.
- Some of the leading companies operating in the global market include Telstar S.A., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Labconco Corp. MechaTech Systems Ltd., Freezedry Specialities Inc., Operon, Millrock Technology Inc. and GEA Niro.
Read detailed report or request for sample of this research report:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the freeze drying equipment market on the basis of product, application and region:
• Global Freeze Drying Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Laboratory Freeze Dryers
• Bench Top Freeze Dryers
• Mobile Freeze Dryers
• Industrial Freeze Dryers
• General Purpose Freeze Dryers
• Global Freeze Drying Equipment Application Outlook (USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Food Processing
• Surgical Procedures
• Freeze Drying Equipment Regional Outlook (USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States