Global tight gas market is expected to reach USD 59.40 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 3.6% from 2014 to 2020. Depleting conventional natural gas reservoirs around the world has prompted the industry to develop unconventional reserves which is expected to remain a key factor driving the market for tight gas. In addition, government support in the form of financial incentives and tax holidays is also expected drive the market over the forecast period. Favorable regulatory scenario in China, coupled with government initiatives to increase tight gas and CBM production is expected to drive market demand over the next six years. However, high costs associated with drilling and completion of tight gas reserves and environmental concerns caused due to hydraulic fracturing are expected to be a key challenge for market participants in the coming years.
Browse full research report for tight gas market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tight-gas-industry
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global tight gas production was 11,816.3 Bcf in 2013 and is expected to reach 16,141.5 Bcf by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Power generation emerged as the leading application market for tight gas and accounted for 33.1% of total tight gas produced globally in 2013. Power generation along with being the largest market is also expected to be the fastest growing application market, at an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America dominated the global market for tight gas with the U.S. and Canada together accounting for more than 75% of global tight gas produced in 2013. U.S. dominates the North American tight gas market, with revenue estimated at USD 25.92 billion in 2013, expected to grow at a CAGR of 3% from 2014 to 2020. However, government support to push the production of tight gas in China is expected to make Asia Pacific the fastest growing market for tight gas at an estimated CAGR of 13.6% from 2014 to 2020. However, lack of drilling companies operating in Australia and Western Europe to meet the economies of scale has been hampering the production rate.
- Key companies operating in the global tight gas market include, Anadarko, British Petroleum, ExxonMobil, PetroChina, Royal Dutch Shell, Sinopec and Total SA among some other companies.
Request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tight-gas-industry/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global tight gas market on the basis of application and region:
• Tight Gas Application Outlook (Volume, Bcf; Revenue, USD Billion; 2012-2020)
• Power Generation
Regional coverage of the database includes:
• North America
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/conventional-energy
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States