The global Parkinson’s Disease (PD) prevalence was estimated at 16.1 million in 2011, and after Alzheimer’s disease it is the second most common neurodegenerative disease worldwide.
Parkinson’s Disease (PD) is a progressive disease and, although not fatal, it can develop severe symptoms and complications that significantly impact upon the patient’s quality of life. Symptoms for each stage can be categorized into early, moderate and advanced stages. Major motor symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) include tremors and difficulty walking. Parkinson’s Disease (PD) also gives rise to non-motor symptoms, such as dementia, depression, hallucinations and loss of taste and smell.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @
There are several different drug classes available to relieve Parkinson’s Disease (PD) symptoms. The aim is for treatments to increase dopamine levels, which is substantially diminished in brains affected by Parkinson’s Disease (PD). The most common therapies include levodopa, dopamine agonists and Monoamine Oxidase-B (MAO-B) inhibitors, with the choice of therapies dependent on patient symptoms and lifestyle. As the disease develops, the medication will need to be taken more strictly, due to the effect of drugs wearing off (known as off- time), which causes symptoms to return before the next dose.
With the current marketed drugs focusing primarily on symptomatic relief, Parkinson’s Disease (PD) remains incurable, with a huge unmet need for disease-modifying therapies. However, due to the lack of clearly established clinical trial methodologies, replication of the benefits demonstrated by neuroprotective agents in the laboratory to human trials has proved challenging. More importantly, due to an incomplete understanding of the underlying mechanisms that cause the disease, a viable therapeutic target to halt or slow disease progression is currently not in scope, which limits the effectiveness of current product development programs.
Request A Sample copy of This Report @ http://www.hexareports.com/sample/104174
– A brief introduction to Parkinson’s Disease (PD), including pathogenesis, disease staging, diagnosis and treatment algorithms
– Comprehensive analysis of the drugs available for the treatment of PD, covering their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns, and strengths/weaknesses, as well as a heat map comparing drugs in terms of safety and efficacy
– Comprehensive analysis of the pipeline for Parkinson’s Disease (PD) therapies, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market in the forecast period, on the basis of Phase distribution, molecule type and molecular target
– Additional thorough analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials by Phase, molecule type, trial size, trial duration, and program failure rate for each molecule type and mechanism of action
– Discussion of the drivers of and barriers to market growth
Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Market Research Related Reports:
Global Automated Scrubber-dryer Industry 2016 Market –
Europe Surgical staplers Industry 2016 Market –
United States Articulated Medical Pendant Industry 2016 Market –
Reasons to buy:
– Understand the different levels of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) therapy from early-stage to advanced
– Understand the vast scope of the pipeline, including which molecule types and mechanisms of action are prominent
– Observe the trends in clinical trial duration and size among clinical Phases and molecule types, and use the clinical trial failure rate analysis to assess the risk profiles of current and/or forthcoming developmental programs for Parkinson’s Disease (PD) therapeutics
– Observe the trends in clinical trial duration and size among clinical Phases, between molecule types and mechanisms of action, and use the clinical trial failure rate analysis to assess the risk profiles of current and/or future developmental programs for Parkinson’s Disease (PD) therapeutics
– Assess the potential clinical and commercial impact of current late-stage pipeline molecules on the Parkinson’s Disease (PD) therapeutics market
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Our Website: http://www.hexareports.com
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States