viastore Systems’ John Clark, discussed how over the last several years 24-volt DC motor driven conveyor roller (MDR) has been gaining ground. Ideal for accumulation, 24-volt DC MDR conveyor operates similarly to the other styles of accumulation conveyor, utilizing a photo eye to “see” an item, then triggering its respective section of rollers to stop for accumulation.
The primary differentiator is the ease of setup and configuration of the MDR conveyor. Here are 6 key features to look for in a MDR conveyor that will make system setup and configuration both easy and flexible.
- Advanced control card technology. The ideal MDR conveyor control card includes built-in accumulation logic for fast, easy setup out-of-the-box, as well as PC-based configuration of motor type, speed, extension and more.
- Adjustable roller speed.
- Automatic detection of operation, components.
- Built-in error management. Obstructions happen. When they do, the ideal MDR conveyor can easily compensate to prevent disaster with built-in jam detection, arrival timeouts and auto-resets for both.
- Versatile design and construction. The conveyor platform housing the rollers should feature simple design and construction with reliable, cost-effective, snap-in components to ensure that it is easy to install and maintain.
- Unlimited installation options.
To read more, go to: http://bit.ly/1W7fDBf
viastore Systems, Inc. will be exhibiting at the 2016 MODEX event April 4-7, 2016 at the Georgia World Congress Center at Booth #1439. At MODEX, solutions needed to solve tough manufacturing and supply chain challenges, identify best practices, exceed customer demands and gain competitive edge are available. viastore will be presenting a special session titled, “An Incremental Approach to Automation and ROI” on April 5, 2016 from 12:45-1:30 in Theater H.
The link to register is: http://bit.ly/1O70T0a
About viastore Systems, Inc.
For over 40 years, viastore Systems, Inc. (http://bit.ly/1PxYifB) has been a leading international provider of automated material handling solutions including AS/RS (automated storage and retrieval systems), conveyor and shuttle systems, warehouse management systems software, material flow and process controls, and integrated SAP logistics solutions. The company employs over 470 people worldwide and has annual sales of over $140 Million.
viastore’s focus is on consulting and planning, together with the implementation and constant improvement of intralogistics solutions with locations in Germany, USA, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Russia, China, Croatia, Turkey, Poland, Israel, Ukraine, Sweden, and Brazil. viastore, with North American headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI, is an integrated and certified partner for all major ERP system database and operating system suppliers such as SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft. viastore earned a return spot on Food Logistics’ 2015 FL100+ list of software and technology providers whose products and solutions are key to the global food supply chain. viastore is a proud member of MHI.
Follow viastore Systems on Twitter @viastoresystems
Company Name: Viastore Systems Inc.
Contact Person: John Clark
Address:4890 Kendrick Street SE
City: Grand Rapids
Country: United States