3D printing is one of the most forward-thinking technologies available today and is poised to change the way the world interacts with objects. However, most 3D printers are extremely expensive and are out of reach for the average consumer. Now, a revolutionary 3D printer 50x faster than any other desktop 3D printers, has smashed its original funding goal of $50,000 within 4 hours of launching on Tuesday March 29th.
SLASH is 50x faster than laser based SLA machines and it resolves all three major obstacles: speed, volume, and cost of desktop printing.
Available for just $1,199 to Early Bird backers, the SLASH has been created by serial inventors (over 20 patents filed) at UNIZ3D to make professional 3D creation available to the masses. It has been designed to be compact and easy to use – simply plug the SLASH into a power socket, link it to a computer or smart phone, and start printing within minutes.
Receiving an overwhelmingly positive reception from the Kickstarter community, one backer commented: ‘I’ve been tempted to fund MANY other 3D printers but this is the first one that’s convinced me to pull the trigger.’
Houmin Li, Founder of UNIZ, the company behind SLASH, remarked: “The response and feedback that we’ve had from the Kickstarter community so early on has been fantastic. We’re excited to be making 3D printing ever more accessible, and creating a high end product that the everyday person can use is a dream – we can’t wait to see what people build once we go into production!”
Key features of the SLASH include:
• Speed: SLASH sets a new record of 1000 cc/hr speed – the fastest desktop 3D printer ever created even by industrial standard!
• Resolution: SLASH is equipped with WQXGA (2560 x 1600, 339 ppi, 75 µm x-y axis) ultra-high resolution IPS LCD screen, and ball bearing screw (10 µm z axis), delivering professional results at an affordable price
• Customizable Z resolution profile: Most other 3D printers can slice only with uniform Z resolution – SLASH allows the user to select which portions of the model to be printed in high/low res, providing the best solution to balance print quality and speed
• Reliability: SLASH uses a specially engineered polymer vat featuring passive peeling and 1,000 hr (300,000 layers) vat life, which is 10 to 100 times more durable than PDMS-based vats
• Automated resin system: Specially designed resin cartridges will automatically refill the resin tank during the printing process
• Touch-to-print ecosystem: In addition to a conventional USB connection, SLASH printers can be connected wirelessly to a smart phone or tablet, allowing direct download and print from the online ecosystem
UNIZ (http://www.uniz3d.com) was founded by a group of engineers in Feb 2014, and is based in San Diego, CA. UNIZ Technology LLC focuses on the design and development of affordable high performance 3D printing tools that help turn your dreams into reality.
Find UNIZ on Facebook and Twitter @UNIZ3D
For images or additional information please see:
For media enquiries please contact email@example.com
Company Name: Uniz Technology LLC
Contact Person: Houmin Li
City: San Diego
Country: United States