Asthma Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2021 – High Prevalence and Launch of Late-Stage Biologics will Drive the Market in Spite of Affordability Concerns
Asthma is a common chronic inflammatory disease of the airways, characterized by recurrent attacks of breathlessness and wheezing, which vary in frequency and severity from patient to patient. The exact causes of asthma are currently unknown, and may be the result of a combination of factors, although two major factors thought to be involved are environmental exposure and host factors, particularly genes.
View Full Report with TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/asthma-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets
Asthma treatment can be classed as either a long-term control medication, aimed at controlling persistent asthma, or a quick-relief medication, for the relief of exacerbations and acute symptoms. Long-term control medication includes Inhaled Corticosteroids (ICS), immunomodulators, leukotriene modifiers, cromolyn sodium, nedocromil and methylxanthines. In addition, Long-Acting Beta-Adrenoceptor Agonists (LABAs) can be used in combination with ICSs – but not as monotherapies – for moderate or severe persistent asthma. Currently, only one biologic – Xolair (omalizumab) – is approved as an add-on therapy for the treatment of allergic asthma in the Asia-Pacific region. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for the treatment of severe eosinophilic asthma.
Download Sample Copy Of This Report At www.radiantinsights.com/research/asthma-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets#tabs-4
The current asthma market in the Asia-Pacific region contains novel products, including Xolair, a recombinant humanized monoclonal anti-IgE antibody; Seretide/Adoair, an ICS-LABA combination therapy; Relvar/Breo, an ICS-LABA combination therapy, and Spiriva, a LAMA.
– What are the competitive advantages of the existing novel drugs?
With over 274 active pipeline molecules, most of the late-stage investigational drug candidates are being evaluated, with improved dosing regimens and administration routes in comparison to currently marketed products.
- Which classes of novel drugs are most prominent within the pipeline?
- Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the asthma market – specifically for severe eosinophilic asthma?
- Analysis of clinical trials since 2006 has identified that the failure rates of asthma molecules were highest in Phase III (46%), with the overall attrition rate for asthma in development being 78%.
- How do failure rates vary by product stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action?
- How do other factors, such as average trial duration and trial size influence the costs and risks associated with product development?
Over the 2014–2021 forecast period, the asthma therapeutics market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to increase in value at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.2%, from $3.5 billion to over $5.6 billion.
- Which markets make the most significant contribution to the current market size?
- What are the epidemiology trends in these markets?
- Will new market entrants lead to substantial changes in annual therapy costs?
- How will different treatment usage patterns impact growth in the five assessed Asia-Pacific markets?
Rising asthma prevalence and uptake of newer biologics will lead to significant market growth over the forecast period, in spite of affordability concerns.
- Will affordability threaten the commercial success of existing drugs as well as newer biologics?
- Which of the assessed countries have affordability concerns?
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Reasons to buy
This report will enable you to –
- Understand the clinical context of asthma by considering symptoms, etiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Identify the therapeutic strategies, products, and companies that dominate the current marketed products landscape and recognize gaps and areas of unmet need.
- Identify key pipeline trends in molecule type, administration route, mechanism of action, and novelty.
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in asthma clinical trial size, duration, and failure rate by stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action.
- Recognize the late-stage pipeline molecules that have demonstrated strong therapeutic potential in asthma by examining clinical trial data and multi-scenario product forecast projections.
- Compare treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs, and market growth projections for China, India, Australia, South Korea and Japan.
- Discover trends in licensing and co-development deals concerning asthma products and identify the major strategic consolidations that have shaped the commercial landscape.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Home Office Furniture Industry –
- Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) Industry –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States