Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is an irreversible, progressive neurodegenerative disease, characterized by cognitive impairment, memory loss and functional decline. Symptoms typically begin to first occur in patients in their mid-sixties, appearing in varying stages. The pathological features of AD comprise histopathological changes within the brain. Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) is a heterogeneous condition between normal cognition and dementia, whereby cognitive changes in mental abilities, such as memory or thinking, are affected. Almost all cases of AD begin with MCI, but it should be noted that not all patients with MCI go on to develop AD.
Although there is a high degree of failure and uncertainty within the R&D of AD drugs, the number of drugs in the pipeline is considerable, at 559. The majority of the pipeline products are novel, and there are only seven repositioned drugs and five generic drugs. This shows progression in terms of the different molecules being developed as therapeutic agents within the AD pipeline.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @
The AD market has a lack of therapeutic options.
– Which classes of drug dominate the market?
– What newly approved therapies have entered the market?
– How do the leading marketed therapies compare clinically?
– How will the new therapies be positioned in the treatment of AD?
– How have selected late-stage pipeline therapies performed in clinical trials?
The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, including those that are well established in AD, and novel, first-in-class therapies.
– Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
AD clinical trials have an overall attrition rate of 94%.
– What are the failure rates for individual Phases of clinical development?
– How do AD clinical trial characteristics, including failure rate, duration, and size compare against respiratory and industry averages?
The AD market is forecast to rise from a value of $3 billion in 2014 to $5.1 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 7.9% across the four Asia-Pacific markets assessed.
– How much of a role will disease prevalence and new product approvals play in market growth?
– Will generic competition have a significant impact on the market over the forecast period?
There have been 170 licensing deals and 104 co-development deals pertaining to AD products since 2006.
– Which territories show the most deal activity?
– What were the trends in deal completion by product stage of development?
– What were the conditions of the key licensing or co-development deals to take place in AD?
Acute Sensorineural Hearing Loss – Pipeline Review, H1 2016:
Lyme Disease – Pipeline Review, H1 2016:
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape through a comprehensive study of disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the current treatment algorithm used in AD.
– Assess the safety and efficacy of current treatment options, with extensive product profiles on prominent marketed therapies, and a heatmap directly comparing safety and efficacy data.
– Analyze the AD pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type, and molecular target. The most promising late-stage therapies are profiled and assessed in terms of clinical performance and competitiveness, alongside a single-product forecast.
– Predict growth in market size in four Asia-Pacific markets, with in-depth market forecasting from 2014 to 2021. The forecasts will provide an understanding of how epidemiology trends, new drug entries, and patent expirations will influence market value.
– Identify commercial opportunities in the AD deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals, and by profiling the most significant deals that have occurred in this indication in recent years.
Request A Sample copy of This Report @ http://www.hexareports.com/sample/105552
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States