Global tumor ablation market is expected to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Rising prevalence of different forms of cancer and increasing technological advancements in the field of thermal ablation techniques are the most prominent drivers of the market.
Browse Full Report With TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/tumor-ablation-market
Besides the use of thermal ablation, techniques such as laser ablation, irreversible electroporation, High Intensity Focused Ultrasonography (HIFU) are also clinically growing, concurrently propelling the tumor ablation industry.
Occurrence of lung, breast, and liver cancer is on the rise globally. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and other organizations, currently, about 210,828 cases of lung cancer, 2.9 million cases of breast cancer, and over 2.7 million cases of prostate cancer are reported in the U.S. alone.
In terms of technological advancement, companies such as SonaCare Medical are coupling ablation techniques with other technologies to improve accuracy, performance, and level of care. SonaLink, a remote patient monitoring platform, was put to use along with Sonatherm ablation system to enable physicians to enhance patient care experience, thereby promoting market growth.
The industry is also anticipated to witness mergers and joint collaborations as a tool to curb rising competition. For instance, Boston Scientific Corporation acquired C.R. Bard Electrophysiology, which led to a 48.0% hike in profit for the former company.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/medical-devices
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Microwave ablation technology is expected to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period at a CAGR of over 15.0%. Reduction in the procedure time and low cost for treatment are some of the attributes favoring growth.
- In terms of treatment, surgical ablation is predicted to form the largest market by 2022 with about 35.0% share. Liver and lung cancer ablation require surgical procedures, and since these form the largest and fastest growing segments, they concomitantly propel surgical ablation growth.
- Lung cancer forms the most lucrative market and is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period. By 2022, it is expected to contribute about 15.0% of the revenue share owing to its rising prevalence rate across the globe.
- According to market forecast for 2022, North America is expected to dominate the market and Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth. Augmenting growth in the cancer prevalence and rising healthcare expenditure in regions such as China, Korea, and India are factors responsible for this rapid growth.
- Major players of the market include HealthTronics, Galil Medical Inc., Angiodynamics, Medtronic Plc. (Covidien), Boston Scientific Corporation, SonaCare Medical, Misonix Inc., EDAP TMS S.A., and Neuwave Medical Inc. To retain market leadership, players such as Medtronic are working towards acquiring other companies and expanding their portfolio. For instance, in January 2016, Medtronic acquired the OsteoCool RF Ablation System from Baylis Medical.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Drug Discovery Informatics Market –
- Flexitanks Market –
- Ceric Ammonium Nitrate Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States