The global magnetic sensors market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2022 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.
View Full Report with TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/magnetic-sensors-market
Technological advancements and an increased awareness regarding vehicle safety are anticipated to drive the global magnetic sensors market growth over the forecast period. Escalating demand for GPS & navigation enabled smartphones and wearable devices is expected to further incite industry growth.
Magnetic sensing devices are used for detecting and measuring magnetic fields. These sensors assist in wear-free measurement of angular speed and angle of rotation with contactless operation. They are widely used in consumer electronic devices such as smartphones and wearable devices for position sensing, switching, current sensing, and angular sensing. In addition, they are used in white goods and heavy consumer durables such as air conditioners and refrigerators.
However, intense competition and a gradual decline in the average selling price have left the industry unattractive for vendors, thereby challenging market growth.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/electronics
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Magnetic sensors used across various industry verticals are based on different sensing technologies such as Hall Effect, Anisotropic Magnetoresistance (AMR), Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR), and others such as Tunneling Magnetoresistance (TMR) and Superconducting Quantum Interface Device (SQUID). Hall Effect based sensing module segment dominates the industry accounting for over 55% of the market share in 2014. They are extensively used in various automotive safety systems including Anti-lock Braking Systems (ABS) and advanced driver assistance systems.
- Magnetic sensors find numerous applications across various verticals including automotive, consumer electronics, industrial, and others such as aerospace and defense, R&D, and non-destructive testing activities. Automotive applications segment dominated the industry accounting for over 50% of the market revenue share in 2014. These sensing devices form an essential part of major safety and driver assistance systems in modern day vehicles thereby driving their demand. Moreover, such sensors and switches have become a critical part of the battery systems in hybrid and Electronic Vehicles (EV) owing to their efficient and battery saving operation.
- Asia Pacific region dominates the global market in terms of demand and is projected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 12% over the forecast period. Presence of major end-use industries in the region has led to an increasing demand for such sensing modules in the region. Countries such as China, Japan, and India house most of the technological and automotive giants leading to an escalating demand over the forecast period.
- Key industry participants include Baumer, Honeywell International Inc., iC-Haus, Infineon Technologies AG, Mesmic Corporation, NXP Semiconductors, and Robert Bosch GmbH. Major vendors are based in countries from the European Union and Asia Pacific region to cater to an ever-increasing need for such sensing devices from the growing automotive and consumer electronic industry. Manufacturers resort to mergers, alliances, and vertical integration to streamline the process of procurement and drive profitability.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Military Fixed-Wing Aircraft Market –
- German Defense Industry Market –
- Submarine and MRO Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States