The treatment of schizophrenia is multi-factorial and includes medical, psychological and psychosocial inputs. Antipsychotic medication is the main pharmacological agent used, along with counselling, job training, and social rehabilitation. Both typical and atypical antipsychotics are used, and the choice of medication is usually left to the discretion of the treating physician. Clozapine, which is an atypical antipsychotic that binds to serotonin and dopamine receptors, is often given to patients who do not improve with other antipsychotics.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @ http://www.hexareports.com/report/frontier-pharma-schizophrenia-and-associated-indications/details
Current treatments, although effective for positive symptoms, have not proven as effective for negative symptoms and cognitive dysfunction, nor are there are any disease-modifying drugs currently available. The pipeline for schizophrenia is small, particularly given the large patient population, it also has low levels of innovation in comparison to other psychiatric indications in the pharmaceutical industry.
However, the overall level of innovation in the pipeline for schizophrenia-related indications (which includes depression, panic disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and cognitive deficit) is far higher, with these related products having the potential to provide some benefit to patients with schizophrenia.
Latest Market Research Related Reports:
CAD/CAM Dental Systems – Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2016 – http://www.hexareports.com/report/cad-cam-dental-systems-medical-devices-pipeline-assessment-2016/details
Total Artificial Heart – Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2016 – http://www.hexareports.com/report/total-artificial-heart-medical-devices-pipeline-assessment-2016/details
Thoracic Aortic Stent Grafts – Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2016 – http://www.hexareports.com/report/thoracic-aortic-stent-grafts-medical-devices-pipeline-assessment-2016/details
The current clinical landscape of schizophrenia
• What is the pathophysiology of schizophrenia?
• How is schizophrenia diagnosed?
• What are the current treatment options?
The schizophrenia pipeline is small, although there is a much larger pipeline for its related indications.
• What are the common targets and mechanisms of action of pipeline therapies?
• Will the pipeline address unmet needs such as a lack of diverse treatment options for schizophrenia patients, particularly those with negative or cognitive symptoms?
• What is the composition of the pipeline for schizophrenia-related indications, and will they be of benefit to schizophrenia patients?
First-in-class products and targets currently within the schizophrenia pipeline
• What are the most promising first-in-class targets for schizophrenia?
Detailed outlook on first-in-class targets and whether they have other therapeutic potential across the industry
Licensing deals are the most common form of strategic alliance in schizophrenia
• How do deal frequency and value compare between target families and molecule types?
• How do licensing and co-development deals compare between first-in-class and non-first-in-class profiles?
Request A Sample copy of This Report @ http://www.hexareports.com/sample/116733
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
1. Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis, including a clinical comparison of marketed therapies
2. Visualize the composition of the schizophrenia market in terms of dominant therapies for each patient subset along with their clinical and commercial standing. Unmet needs in the current market are highlighted to allow a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
3. Analyze the schizophrenia pipeline and stratify pipeline therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target. There are promising signs in the pipeline that the industry is seeking novel approaches to treating schizophrenia.
4. Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets. Using a proprietary matrix, first-in-class products have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential. Promising early-stage targets have been further reviewed in greater detail.
5. Identify commercial opportunities in the schizophrenia deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals and producing a list of schizophrenia therapies that are not yet involved in deals, and may be potential investment opportunities.
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Our Website: http://www.hexareports.com
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States