Squalene market size was estimated at 2.67 kilo tons in 2014, as per the latest research report by Global Market Insights, Inc. Strong cosmetic industry growth expectations, majorly in Germany, Italy UK and France, will be key industry drivers, as emollient applications in creams, lotions, ointments and lipsticks are predominant uses.
Squalene market size is set to be worth USD 241.9 million by 2022, with major revenue generation expected from personal care & cosmetic applications in anti-ageing and moisturizing creams.
Browse key industry insights spread across 80 pages with 53 market data tables & 12 figures from the report, “Squalene Market Size By Source (Shark Liver, Vegetable, Synthetic), By Application (Cosmetics, Supplements, Pharmaceuticals), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook, Application Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2015 – 2022” in detail along with the table of contents:
Vegetable squalene market size, derived from olive oil, wheat germ, amaranth oil and rice bran oil, dominated the industry demand and accounted for over 49% of share in 2014. These vegetable sources have suffered tight supply situation over the recent years due to low crop output and growing demand in competing applications.
Another source, shark liver oil derived from Portuguese shark and gulper shark may experience below average gains throughout the forecast period. This may happen due to deep sea fishing limitations set through regional fisheries management organizations (RFMOs) such as NEAFC, NAFO and CCAMLR.
Leading personal care & cosmetic companies, L’Oreal and Unilever had earlier announced to stop using shark derived oils as ingredients and switch to plant derived oils.
Make an inquiry for purchasing this report @ https://www.gminsights.com/inquiry-before-buying/380
Amyris, Inc. has developed farnesene via metabolic route of yeast, an important building block to manufacture numerous chemicals. Synthetic squalene manufactured by Amyris through farnesene accounts for more than 10% of the total market supply through distributors in various regions.
Key insights from the report include:
- Global squalene market size is projected to grow at 9.1% CAGR and reach 5.37 kilo tons by 2022.
- Cosmetic application dominated the demand and accounted for close to 66% of the share in 2014. Pharmaceutical applications may grow significantly with 9.0% CAGR from 2014 to 2022.
- Synthetic squalene market size is set to attain above average CAGR and register over 850 tons by 2022.
- Europe market, led by Germany, UK and France cosmetic industry growth, was dominant and was valued at over USD 45 million in 2014. Supplements application in Europe was valued close to 9 million in 2014.
- APAC squalene market size, promoted by rise in per-capita middle class spending capacity for cosmetic products in China and India, may grow significantly at 9.5% CAGR from 2014 to 2022. Vegetable sources dominated the demand in APAC and registered close to USD 11.5 million in 2014.
- North America dietary supplement application is predicted to grow over at 8.5% CAGR and register close to 305 tons by 2022. Increasing focus towards marinating a healthy lifestyle coupled and avoiding expensive medication is likely to drive product demand for dietary supplements applications.
- Global squalene market share is characterized by major players focused on technology innovation to obtain high purity product for supplements and pharmaceutical applications.
- Amyris, Arbee Fish Oil, SeaDragron Ltd and Kishimoto Special Liver Oil are among notable industry participants.
Request for a sample of this research report @ https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/380
Global Market Insights has segmented the squalene industry on the basis of source, application and region:
Squalene Market Source Analysis (Volume, Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Shark liver
Squalene Market application Analysis (Volume, Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
Squalene Market Regional Analysis (Volume, Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022))
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Read our insightful industry blogs
About Global Market Insights
Global Market Insights, Inc., headquartered in Delaware, U.S., is a global market research and consulting service provider; offering syndicated and custom research reports along with growth consulting services. Our business intelligence and industry research reports offer clients with penetrative insights and actionable market data specially designed and presented to aid strategic decision making. These exhaustive reports are designed via a proprietary research methodology and are available for key industries such as chemicals, advanced materials, technology, renewable energy and biotechnology.
Company Name: Global Market Insights Inc.
Contact Person: Jack Davis
Phone: 1 302-846-7766
Address:29L Atlantic Avenue, Suite L 105
City: Ocean View
Country: United States