The market for baby food in the Czech Republic achieved value growth of 17.3% between 2009 and 2015. Sales rose particularly quickly in 2014 and 2015, stimulated by a higher numbers of births, an improving economy, and the reduction of the VAT rate on baby food to 10% in 2015. Consumers in the Czech Republic generally have a positive attitude to industrially prepared baby food, which has been capitalized on by the multinationals who now dominate the market. As a result, per capita consumption of baby food is relatively high and has continued to develop and by 2015 it had increased by 5.2%.
Request a Sample copy of ” Baby Food in Czech Republic Market” report
- The market for baby food in the Czech Republic has performed relatively well, and particularly over the last two years, boosted by higher birth numbers. Retail sales in 2015 are up 17.3% on 2009, equivalent to a real increase of 7.8%.
- Baby meals/juices accounted for 43% of retail sales in 2015, having overtaken milks as the largest spending category in 2014. However, milks are only slightly behind, accounting for 41% of retail sales.
- Supermarkets/hypermarkets now control the largest share of volume sales, at 69% in 2015, ahead of pharmacies and drugstores with 21%, while the share of other grocery outlets has now slipped to under 10%.
- The Czech market is dominated by three international companies: Danone (Nutricia), Hero, and Hipp. Together they accounted for 74% of volume sales and 79% of value sales in 2015.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Browse Latest Research Reports by Hexa Reports
Law Enforcement Robots: Market
Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Thailand
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States