Growing baby diapers and adult incontinence products demand is expected to drive global staples PP nonwoven fabric market over the next six years. Increasing staples PP nonwoven fabrics penetration in automotive and industrial applications is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Increasing healthcare expenditure in emerging markets of China and India prompted the demand for protective medical apparel which is further expected to impact the market growth. Volatile price of polypropylene is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants.
Hygiene was the largest application segment and accounted for 37.5% of the total market volume in 2013. Increasing geriatric population base particularly in the U.S., Japan, and Western Europe is expected to remain key driver for this segment. High birthrates in North African countries and Middle East coupled with increasing baby diaper usage in Southeast Asian countries are also expected to have a positive impact on the segment growth. Medical is expected to witness the highest growth rate of 7.7% from 2014 to 2020. Presence of sophisticated healthcare system in developed economies of U.S. and Europe coupled with increasing healthcare expenditure in South American and Asian countries is expected to drive this segment.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global staples PP nonwoven fabric demand was 1,949.2 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 3,103.9 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest regional staples PP nonwoven fabric market and accounted for over 40% of the total market volume in 2013. Growing baby diapers demand in India and China coupled with increasing investment from companies such as Kimberly-Clark in these countries is expected to remain a key driving factor for the regional market.
- Middle East is expected to witness significant growth in demand for staples PP nonwoven fabrics. The region is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 9.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Global staples PP nonwoven fabric market is dominated with top multinational corporations. Market has been witnessed frequent M&A activities in the recent past. Major companies adopt this strategy in order to reduce competition and gain market share. Some of the major companies operating in the global market include Fibertex, Kimberly-Clark, First Quality, Toray Industries, Mitsui, Fiberweb and Polymer Group Inc.
“Chemicals Market” related Reports by Hexa Reports
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the staples PP nonwoven fabric market on the basis of application and region:
Global Staples PP Nonwoven Fabric Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Baby Diapers
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Adult Incontinence Products
Global Staples PP Nonwoven Fabric Regional Outlook (Volume Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
Request a Sample Copy of this Report @
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Company Name: Hexa Reports
Contact Person: Ryan Shaw
Address:Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9
Country: United States