Global therapeutic respiratory devices market is expected to reach USD 19.2 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Increasing geriatric population contributing towards growing target disease prevalence levels is a key factor expected to attribute towards market growth.
Rising prevalence of disorders such as COPD and sleep apnea is expected to be a critical growth driver. Prevalence of these disorders is expected to constantly rise over the next six years owing to the growing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, hypertension, obesity, and other lifestyle induced disorders.
Increasing need of emergency treatment for prolonged illnesses and protracted treatment associated with lung diseases in children as well as adults are expected to drive market growth over the next seven years. The introduction of technology innovations is expected to serve as future growth opportunities.
Browse full research report on global therapeutic respiratory devices market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/therapeutic-respiratory-devices-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Positive airway pressure devices dominated the product segment in 2014, with market size valued at over 4.0 billion. Growing demand for portable PAP devices and high associated efficacy rates are some key factors expected to drive segment growth.
- HEPA filtration was the largest technology segment, accounting for over 35.0% of the market share in 2014. High usage of these filters in therapeutic respiratory devices is a major factor contributing towards the segment’s market position.
- Furthermore, technological advancements in these filters such as the availability of washable HEPA filters and incorporation of HEPA 4 technology is further likely to boost usage rates.
- Regionally, North America dominated the therapeutic respiratory devices market owing to the presence of high diagnosis rates supported by the presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure. Increasing government funding, and the availability of well structured reimbursement framework will also contribute towards healthy market growth.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant gains, at over 12.0% during the forecast period, driven by the rising incidence of respiratory disorders in the region. Rising healthcare expenditure levels and the presence of high unmet medical need is also a vital growth driver.
- Key players operating in the therapeutic respiratory devices market include Smiths Medical, GE Healthcare, CareFusion Corporation, Philips Healthcare and Covidien Plc.
- The market is expected to remain highly competitive, which may see extensive R&D investments aimed at technology innovation, as a widely utilized business strategy.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the global therapeutic respiratory devices market on the basis of products, technology, filters and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Compressor-based nebulizers
- Piston-based hand-held nebulizers
- Ultrasonic nebulizers
- Heated humidifiers
- Passover humidifiers
- Integrated humidifiers
- Built-in humidifiers
- Stand-alone humidifiers
- Oxygen concentrators
- Fixed oxygen concentrators
- Portable oxygen concentrators
- Positive airway pressure devices
- Continuous positive airway pressure devices
- Auto-titrating positive airway pressure devices
- Bi-level positive airway pressure devices
- Adult ventilators
- Neonatal ventilators
- Gas Analyzers
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Electrostatic filtration
- HEPA filter technology
- Hollow fiber filtration
- Microsphere separation
Filters Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Nebulizer filters
- Inlet filters
- Replacement filters
- Cabinet filters
- Humidifier filters
- Wick filters
- Permanent cleanable filters
- Mineral absorption pads
- Demineralization cartridges
- Positive airway pressure device filters
- Ultra fine foam inlet filters
- Polyester non-woven fiber filters
- Acrylic & polypropylene fiber filters
- Oxygen concentrators filters
- HEPA filters
- Cabinet filters
- Pre-inlet filters
- Inlet filters
- Micro disk filters
- Felt intake filters
- Bacterial filters
- Hollow membrane filters
- Ventilator filters
- Mechanical filters
- HEPA filters
- ULPA filters
- Activated carbon filters
- Tribocharged filters
- Fibrillated filters
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-therapeutic-respiratory-devices-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States