The photonic IC market is expected to reach USD 3.54 billion by 2024 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Photonic IC is an integrated circuit that uses optical wavelength as an information signal and provides multiple integrated photonic functions. Photonic IC, as such, is similar to an electronic IC and can be a viable replacement for it as well as for the copper-based wired transmission. Photonic IC forms an integral part of lasers, optical amplifiers, modulators, and MUX/DEMUX components, which are extensively used in the optical signal processing, optical communication, biophotonics, and sensing applications. The growing demand for sensing and optical devices are expected to fuel the growth of the photonic IC market.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/photonic-integrated-circuit-ic-market
There is an increasing need for cost effective, power efficient, and compact PICs which would further propel the photonic IC market over the forecast period across the mobile broadband Internet access, high-performance computing, datacenter, and enterprise networking, along with metro and long haul data communications, among many others. The increasing adoption of the high-level integrated PICs and application-specific PICs would boost the photonic IC market to strive for greater functionality and new product development across a number of verticals.
The photonic IC market is anticipated to grow substantially due to the continuous technological advancements and the evolving end-user demands. The laser, optical amplifier, and MUX/DEMUX component segments possess enormous growing opportunities, owing to the ability of photonic ICs to incorporate new optical functionalities that can be embedded on a single chip to achieve high efficiency and compactness.
The increasing demand for the optical communication and sensing applications is driving the growth of photonic ICs around the globe with an efficient management of datacenters and long haul networks providing a thriving market for them. Moreover, with the advancements in quantum computing, the adoption of photonic ICs are increasing as they allow multitasking that quantum computing readily requires. Also, the growing adoption of the biophotonic application in medical devices also holds considerable growth opportunities for the photonic ICs market. On the other hand, the high bandwidth and optimum performance requirements of the telecommunication industry, data storage, cloud service providers, and large business enterprises are expected to boost the optical communication and signal processing segments. This market will create many new opportunities culminating in an increased adoption of photonic ICs over the forecasted period.
Browse Other Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/semiconductors
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- There is a growing need for higher bandwidth and greater transmission speeds across the Information and Technology (IT) industry. Photonic ICs can be incorporated into the existing products to fulfill this demand in diverse industry verticals to transmit, receive, and switch high-speed digital signals in communication networks. Progressive research and developments are being made towards the low-cost, high-performance optics to help lower the cost of the high-speed Internet access and boost the efficiency of the telecommunication networks
- The growing shift towards quantum computing and machine learning, among others, requires enormous parallel computing capabilities. The optical quantum computers can perform much faster than the traditional computers in terms of multitasking, higher level of integration, and efficiency while consuming lower power. This will open new avenues for photonic IC-based computing services across a wide range of verticals.
- Broadcom Limited (U.S.), Viavi Solutions, Inc. (U.S.), and NeoPhotonics Corporation (U.S.) are some of the major industry players in this domain. Other key vendors include Oclaro, Inc., Kaiam Corp, Luxtera Inc., Infinera Corp., Finisar Corporation, Ciena Corporation, and Emcore Corporation, among others.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- LTE, LTE-Advanced & 5G Ecosystem Market –
- Mobile Phone Insurance Ecosystem Market –
- Connected Car Ecosystem Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States