Unfortunately, a large number of them are losing the battle. For as many people who need help, only a handful actually receive the treatment that can help set their feet on the path to recovery. On the other hand, there are the fortunate ones who have attended and successfully gone through rehab and are now living productive lives. Some have had to repeat the rehab process due to relapse. However, the end result is a positive one for those who overcame. The challenge and struggle was well worth the sobriety they are now experiencing. Ohio offers effective alcohol rehab treatment for those willing to follow through from beginning to end.
Treatments Without Proven Methods
Not all treatment centers are created equal. Unfortunately, some programs fail to utilize proven methods that will address co-occurring disorders alongside addiction disorders. The results are all too obvious! Patients, after going through what might appear to be a successful rehab program, relapse later because a mental disorder was not addressed and treated. Choosing the right treatment facility matters. The fact remains that people will shop more diligently for a car than when searching for rehab treatment.
An effective center will staff clinically certified professionals skilled in administering medications and treating mental disorders. Anything less, and it is best to keep looking for the right fit. When treatment centers offer unqualified car, it is the equivalent of medical malpractice.
What to Ask Alcohol Treatment Centers
1. One of the most important things for a client to ask is what they can expect from treatments offered. Of course, different programs will yield different results.
2. Does the treatment center offer both long and short-term treatment plans? Are they equally effective?
3. Does the center treat with drugs that may, or may not, cause an addiction?
4.What is the center’s reputation for being able to relieve physical and psychological cravings for alcohol?
5. Does the center staff licensed and credentialed team members? Can the treatment center provide proof?
6. Do any treatment plans provide a nutritional component?
7. Are cognitive therapy and counseling programs offered that can help recovering alcoholics develop strong sobriety skills?
8. Can the treatment center provide proof of their success rate in treating patients?
These are all valid questions. If an alcohol treatment center cannot provide adequate information, then the potential client should keep looking for a better clinical fit. Once the decision is made to enroll in rehab, detox can begin. Detox, the most challenging phase of treatment for many, removes harmful toxins from the body. Detox can last several days, a week, or longer depending on the patient’s addiction severity. Generally speaking, the longer a patient remains in rehab, the greater their likelihood of experiencing complete sobriety.
Then follows rehab where medications can be continued, and counseling and cognitive therapies can help patients come to term with their thoughts and actions. No rehab is complete without a follow-up or aftercare program. This represents a continuation of the patient’s care and clinical support.
Company Name: Elite Rehab Placement
Contact Person: Admissions
Address:903 Calle Amanecer, Suite 240
City: San Clemente
Country: United States