First, every individual has different needs. No two people are alike, and no two addictions will ever be alike. This is perfect cause to evaluate an addiction program and facility based on a number of criteria. The short list includes licensing, quality of care, qualify of follow-up services, and quality of staff member credentials. If interested in evaluating drug addiction treatment programs in California, consider the following.
Licensing and Program Accreditation – Every treatment program should show proof of accreditation in the state where it provides services. Staff members should be well-trained with adequate experience to treat addictions and mental disorders. The facility should also be able to show proof of their success rate. This information should, preferably, be supplied from an outside agency as well.
The agency should also be able to provide inpatient and outpatient services that are equally effective. How connected is the center to support groups with community or nationally recognized support groups?.
Check to make sure the agency’s aftercare program is top-of-the-line. It should provide referrals to other recovery services as well as community support groups. Staff members can help clients create a discharge plan before leaving their program.
A List of Typical Treatment Plans
1) Residential. Patients live at the treatment facility for the duration of their program. They undergo intensive day treatments, and therapy can last from 30 to 90 days.
2) Partial Hospitalization. This program works for those with a serious addiction who need ongoing medical monitoring. These patients generally have a serious addiction and a stable living condition at home. Patients usually meet at the hospital three out of five days a week, and from four to six hours each day.
3) Intensive Outpatient. This program is intense, but allows patients to return home after their daily rehab session is over. Patients can meet three or more days a week, for four hours or less each session. The program can be scheduled around school or work.
4) Counseling (Individual, Group, or Family). Counseling always works best in conjunction with a treatment plan that address the addiction and co-occurring disorders. Family members and their loved one can benefit greatly from these sessions.
5) Brief Intervention. For those who are at risk, but have not developed an addiction, this program is an excellent deterrent.
6) Sober Living. This program gives recovering addicts an opportunity to live with other recovering individuals in a drug-free, supportive environment. Such an arrangement works well for someone with nowhere to go, or, for anyone worried that returning home too soon will cause a relapse.
Your family doctor, friends, or a health insurance agency can be an excellent source for finding out more about drug treatment programs offered in California. The first and most important step is admitting there is a drug problem and finding help. Things like a center’s location are important if wanting friends and family members to visit. Or, a distant location works well for those who simply want to be left alone while they complete their rehab program. Whatever the choice, rehab works. Find the help you or a loved one needs.
Company Name: Elite Rehab Placement
Contact Person: Admissions
Address:903 Calle Amanecer, Suite 240
City: San Clemente
Country: United States