MORRISTOWN, NJ – 10/25/2016 (PRESS RELEASE JET) — The New Jersey Packaging Executives Club (NJPEC) announces that nearly 50 products, graphics, and promotions representing this year’s outstanding packaging design will be celebrated at the 38th Annual Package of the Year (POY) Awards Gala. Taking place Thursday, November 17th at The Madison Hotel in Morristown, NJ, the NJPEC POY Awards Gala will include the awards presentation, Tricky Tray, live music and all the celebrated packaging on display. Advanced registration is encouraged as the event will sell-out. Registration information can be found at www.njpec.com.
The annual NJPEC POY Awards recognizes the year’s best packaging designs and innovations, and this year’s program saw an impressive number of submission. An elite panel of judges of top packaging executives from a broad spectrum of industries and brands selected the winners in 10 different categories. Packaging students also named a Student’s Choice winner.
The coveted NJPEC POY Awards for 2016 will be presented to:
- Batallure Beauty’s Robert Graham Blended Essence Launch Packaging submitted by Metal Dynamics and Encore International for Package of the Year and Fragrance Gold honors
- Norell Elixir by Norell Parfums New York for Student Choice Award and Fragrance Silver honors
Category winners for the top Gold award include:
- Estee Lauder – Double Wear Cushion Stick by HCT Group for Color Cosmetics
- Valentine’s Day for Godiva by McLean Packaging for Food and Beverage
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Sequin Shadow Box for L’Oreal USA by Millenium3 Packaging Group for Gift Sets
- NARS – Steven Klein Collection by HCT Group for Graphics
- Clinique Pep-Start™ for Clinique by Albea for Health & Beauty
- OxiClean Splot! Carpet Stain Remover by Casabella for Household Industrial
- ALEVE TENS for Bayer Consumer Health by Bayer Consumer Health for Personal Care
- Locked4Kids Cartons by Locked4Kids for Pharmaceutical
- OverWatch for Activision/Blizzard by Napco, Inc. for Promotional
Silver, Bronze, Marketing Impact, Technical Merit, Visual Impact, Sustainability, Packaging Innovations and Honorable Mentions awards will also be presented and all the POY submissions will be showcased in a massive display during the event.
The judges for the 2016 POY included Donna Estok, L’Oreal; Anthony Garaguso, Johnson & Johnson; Jay Gorga, Beauty Packaging Magazine; Terry Haeseker, Natures’ Bounty; Tricia Heinz, Avon; Brian Henry, Revlon; Jill Hilton, Estee Lauder; Nevenka Markovic, Reckitt Benckiser; Gina Rokose, Designer; Doug Silady, Boom!: Philip Tarrant, Coty and Rutgers University student judges, Gregory Fidler, Brian Loja, and Maggie McLean.
“This is an exciting night, where members of NJPEC and the entire industry come together to recognize and celebrate this year’s incredible achievements in packaging, design, and engineering,” said Peter Gould, Committee Chair, of the NJPEC POY.
For a complete list of winners and photos visit:
Reservations to attend the 38th Annual NJPEC Package of the Year (POY) Awards Gala can be found here: http://www.njpec.com/package-of-the-year-awards-banquet-2016.html For more information on the POY Awards, please contact: Peter Gould, firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Hadden-Wolf, email@example.com. To donate to the Tricky Tray which supports the NJPEC scholarship program contact: Stacey Rimassa, Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org or Holly Benda, Holly@wwpinc.com. For attendee bag donations contact Maureen Eustice, email@example.com.
North Jersey Packaging Executives Club (NJPEC)
Founded in 1962, NJPEC is an organization of packaging professionals from all disciplines in the industry, who share information and hands-on business experience. The culture of NJPEC is comfortable, collaborative and professional; creating an environment of learning, and business networking. Members invest their time, skills and knowledge to strengthen the packaging industry with talent and innovation. Numerous scholarship programs and mentoring opportunities are offered to support those entering the packaging field. The members of NJPEC are shaping the future of packaging. For more information visit: www.njpec.com
Distributed by Press Release Jet
Company Name: NJPEC
Contact Person: Annie Scully
Country: United States