The global medical electronics market is expected to reach USD 219.0 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research. Technological advancements have boosted the applications of electronics in the fields of diagnostics, therapeutics, and wellness. Increasing geriatric population coupled with sedentary lifestyle contributes to chronic cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and respiratory disorders.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/medical-electronics-market
Diagnostic applications of medical electronics are fueled due to growing awareness about healthcare amongst people. Population in developed countries opts for early diagnosis for effective treatment and cure. Increasing adoption of newer technology in diagnostics is expected to upsurge the market in future.
Aging population creates need for critical care of long duration, thus increasing the demand for life-supporting devices, such as ventilators and dialysis devices. Growing number of accidents and permanent injuries also contribute to this upsurge. Improving healthcare facilities eases the procedures of reimbursements and related medical procedures even in developing countries.
Industry players are focused on the commercialization of new technologies and integrated systems. In August 2016, Siemens launched a new product, Sysmex CS-2500. It is a coagulation analyzer and has applications in diagnostics.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/medical-devices
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Rising prevalence of chronic diseases, such as neurodegenerative and cardiac diseases, creates a need for continuous patient monitoring. Constant development of technologies such as real-time audio/video feed, wireless communications, and remote patient monitoring proves to be a boon for chronic patients, especially those who prefer to receive treatment at home. All these factors are expected to act as a catalyst for the market growth over the forecast period
- The largest application of medical electronics is in the field of diagnostics, especially imaging. Increasing importance of early disease diagnosis is promoting the growth of this segment. Magnetic resonance imaging is the most common method used, owing to the growing neurological and musculoskeletal disorders and the development of superconducting magnets.
- Ultrasound is projected to be the fastest-growing segment of medical imaging, owing to its applications in point-of-care and musculoskeletal diseases. Growing birth rate also contributes to the usage of ultrasound. Rising awareness coupled with government recommendations about periodic screening for cancer also contributes to this growth.
- Considering home healthcare medical electronics, device such as glucometer is used by diabetic patients owing to the ease of use of the device, and cost-effectiveness.
- The emphasis on preventive measure and early diagnosis rather than on treatment is driving the industry players to invest in remote, wireless, and minimally invasive equipment. This is predicted to set the trend of telehealth, self-monitoring, and home healthcare. In February 2016, Medtronic launched its first remote monitoring pacemaker in Canada. The data collected and interpreted is transmitted securely to the physician to make efficient treatment decisions.
- North America dominated the market owing to the presence of well-structured healthcare and reimbursement systems. High prevalence of chronic lifestyle diseases, growing awareness about the importance of early diagnosis, and acceptance of new technology contributed to the market growth in this region.
- Asia pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing region during the forecast period. The huge patient pool in Asia Pacific proves to be an attractive opportunity for companies to market their products in this region. Improving healthcare systems, high incidence rate of diseases and accidents, and stabilizing economies aid the market growth.
- Some key participants include EDDA technology, Inc., Philips healthcare, FUJIFILM Medical Systems, Hitachi High Technologies Corporation, Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation, McKesson Corporation, Vucomp, Hologic Inc., Siemens Healthcare and iCAD, Inc.
- The current trend of investing in development of new technologies is expected to benefit patients as well as practitioners. For instance, in March 2016, Maxim Integrated launched its new heart rate monitor integrated with pulse oximeter. This device helps in continuous monitoring and efficient treatment of cardiovascular patients.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Printers Market –
- Smart Labels Market –
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States