Home » Business, Employment, Marketing & Sales, Non Profit, Technology » Advertising Industry Can Assist Women in Acquiring Leadership Positions in 2017
Research says that the advertising industry and its many agencies can assist women in becoming part of the top leadership positions in the world

Research says that the advertising industry and its many agencies can assist women in becoming part of the top leadership positions in the world. It’s an established fact that there’s a lack of women representation in the advertising industry’s leadership positions, which feminist lobbyists are using as a talking point to spur discussion on the wage gap and female discrimination that keeps female advertisers from rising to the top thanks to the proverbial glass ceiling and boy’s club. Is it sexism or “the patriarchy” that’s keeping these women down?

 

She Runs It (Formerly Known as Advertising Women of New York)

 

  • The Advertising Women of New York or AWNY recently had a name and branding change as “She Runs It”. In 2016, along with their name change, they’ve released new info on the gender diversity subject in agencies, particularly on the topic of why women aren’t getting more top leadership roles or jobs compared to their male counterparts. The study is an extensive one showcasing not only the whys but the hows in regard to getting women in the path of leadership in advertising and mass media communications.

 

  • The organization’s head, Lynn Branigan, argues that the excuses of losing women due to childbirth, middle management, and company/family cultures encouraging women to quit when they’re mothers don’t hold up to the fact that the chart shows how the drop starts at non-executive leadership. In order for women to get ahead into higher positions, they should do more networking and building your social score. Women should also recognize in helping change male behaviors in order for office culture to be more accepting of female bosses.

 

  • The study looks at about 4,000 participating companies and the accounts of 3.7 million members of the job and social media site LinkedIn. This research on ad-tech companies, publishers, and media agencies suggest that even though 41% of early-stage pros are marketing and media gigs, the executive leadership stage is only filled by 25% women and the rest of it is filled by 75% of men. What’s more, 70% of LinkedIn’s endorsements are from men and 69% of them received by females are also from men.

 

About linkedjetpack.com:

linkedjetpack.com is a website maintained by a few geeks. It helps everyone to understand LinkedIn better.

Media Contact
Company Name: LinkedJetpack
Contact Person: Max Ken
Email: MariaRStockton@teleworm.us
Phone: 648 985 277
Country: Spain
Website: https://www.linkedjetpack.com/

Comments are closed.