Healthcare expenditures are under increasing pressure, particularly in developed markets, because of increasing demands from an aging population, the growing incidence of chronic diseases, continuing healthcare advances, and supply side pressures, notably governments needing to lower their overall expenditure. We are seeing healthcare moving away from acute centres of care (e.g., hospitals) to home care and other care environments, which not only lowers costs, but also improve patient quality of life and their ability to remain independent. Mobile network operators (MNOs) have started to offer a number of B2B and B2C products and services in the healthcare market, including SIM-based IoT connectivity services. Pyramid Research believes mobile operators can occupy a central role within the IoT value chain to provide device connectivity and value-added services (management, applications and integration). By creating value and innovation for multiple vertical sectors, they can thus increase customer loyalty and prevent ARPS erosion.
Browse the complete report at http://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/iot-healthcare-opportunities-for-mnos-market-forecasts-and-mno-approaches .
– In markets with high healthcare expenditure, healthcare IoT connectivity presents attractive opportunities for MNOs in B2C and B2B segments.
– SIM-based IoT is growing in healthcare. Sleep apnea diagnosis and therapy along with CRM will be the largest segments.
– The forthcoming availability of SIM-based LPWA networks will drive SIM-based healthcare services; SIM-based IoT connections are expected to grow at a CAGR of 31% during 2015-2020.
– The role of MNOs in the healthcare value chain is expanding. Traditionally MNOs have been limited to provisioning SIM-based network coverage for connectivity. They are now moving across the value chain to capture more value for multiple vertical sectors and improve the volume of IoT connections, from targeting B2C segment with fitness devices and apps to telemedicine, secure storage, archiving and analytics within the B2B segment.
Companies Mentioned: Air Liquide, ATandT, BioTronik, Boston Scientific, Deutsche Telekom, Doro, GreatCall, Intelesense, Livanova, LifeWatch, Medtronik, NovaSom, O2 (UK), ResMed, St Jude Medical, Telefonica, TZ Medical, Philips, Vodacom, and Zenicor.
Request a sample of this report at http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/130582 .
“IoT Healthcare Opportunities for MNOs: Market Forecasts and MNO Approaches” offers an in-depth analysis of SIM-based IoT connectivity technologies, services and end-user requirements, devices and applications and the service provider ecosystem and the role of MNOs in the IoT health value chain. The report includes forecasts through 2020 for SIM-based IoT connections by type including cardiac rhythm management (CRM), remote electrocardiogram (ECG), blood remote monitoring, sleep diagnostic and therapeutic devices, as well as service revenue for SIM-based IoT connectivity. Built around case studies, the report provides MNO and device manufacturer positioning strategies in the healthcare vertical and what works and what doesn’t.
The Report is structured as follows:
– Section 1: Healthcare industry overview
– Section 2: Internet of Things (IoT) healthcare definitions and overview
– Section 3: SIM-based IoT healthcare connectivity forecast
– Section 4: MNO approaches to the healthcare vertical
– Section 5: MNO case studies, including ATandT, Deutsche Telekom, Telefonica, Telefonica Brazil, Vodacom and Great Call.
– Section 6: Device manufacturer case studies, including ResMed, Life Watch, BioTronik, Medtronic and Doro
– Section 7: Key findings and recommendations
Reasons To Buy
– ‘IoT Healthcare Opportunities for MNOs: Market Forecasts and MNO Approaches’ provides a comprehensive analysis of key opportunities provided by IoT healthcare segment and the various approaches being adopted by MNOs and device manufacturers globally, helping executives at MNOs and medical device manufacturers make informed strategic decisions and develop effective partnerships in the IoT healthcare arena.
– The Report’s forward-looking analysis of key trends in IoT healthcare market helps providers assess the potential impact of healthcare on their business and identify related opportunities.
– By understanding the opportunities and approaches of the main stakeholders in IoT healthcare segment – MNOs, device manufactures, sensor and device vendors can develop strategies to penetrate this market.
Place a direct purchase order on this report at http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/130582 .
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Company Name: Orbis Research
Contact Person: Hector Costello
Phone: +1 (214) 884-6817
Address:4144N Central Expressway, Suite 600
Country: United States