Seattle’s rat population is increasing rapidly. Part of the reason could be attributed to the cold and wet weather. Rats want a nice and comfy place to eat and sleep. The rat pack found the perfect spot in a Seattle home.the crawlspace and attic. Thanks to some openings the size of a quarter that the nasty pests could easily access.
Rats breed and colony size increases when the supply of food and water is steady and abundant in quantity. In order to prevent future infestations follow these guidelines:In terms of rat control an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. After an infestation has been dealt with or better yet, before it establishes itself– the key to a permanent solution to rat infestations is to make a property less attractive to rats. This requires a certain amount of effort and dedication to ongoing maintenance on the part of the property owner but the labor expended is well worth it.
• Rat proof your house by closing off areas of easy access, including small gaps in foundations, roofs and rafter areas. Cover up ventilation openings with rat proof, high strength mesh. Fix or block other non-essential openings in walls, roofs and foundations.
• Remove or trim back shrubs and plants that hug the sides of buildings. Rats, depending on the species use these as either a ladder to climb up into a structure or camouflage for burrowing near or into a home or business. Keep lawns closely mowed within 18 inches of the outside walls of structures. Remove woodpiles and debris from yards or move them farther from existing buildings.
• Either police your bird feeder and diligently clean up any spillage or locate the feeders away from the house. Seed spillage from feeders is one of the prime attractants for rodents.
• Do not feed pets outside of the house, or if you must, monitor the feedings personally and remove any leftover food from the exterior feeding area. Rats love to pillage pet food dishes and water bowls which can also attract other animals like opossums that are also capable of spreading disease to humans.
• Do not store pet food in sheds or garages unless you are able to do so in containers that a rat cannot chew through. This means metal, glass, ceramic or heavy duty plastic containers with airtight seals only.
• Keep indoor areas clean and free of food and water sources. Clean up food spills immediately and thoroughly. Store food items in chew-proof containers. Keep food preparation areas free of grease; use weak water and bleach solution to sanitize countertops and other areas where food is handled or sits for even small periods of time.
• Repair leaky pipes and faucets immediately, avoid areas of standing water inside and adjacent to the house.
• Keep homes free of clutter, especially of materials attractive to nest building females. Dispose of paper refuse; keep garbage bins/containers clean and tightly closed between trash pick-ups.
There was a rodent sighting on the stairs leading to the home’s second floor. The owner began the search for evidence and found urine and rat droppings. Other hints would be a rank smell from.airborne bacteria. Yes, indeed the rats had moved in. An important thing to keep in mind is that there may be other rat infestations close to the home. Like in sheds,unattached garages or other places used for storage. Any openings giving the rodents access is a huge problem and needs to be addressed. Thereforethis could be far greater than the owner could imagine. As intimidating and stressful this was the homeowner could not fathom taking care of such a huge problem of rat infestation
Check the air ducts and air ventilation areas. It’s crucial to be careful before and during the Crawlspace and Attic clean up of a rodent infestation. Do-it-yourself job may mean a bigger headache. The owner knew a professional pest control eliminator would check any and all entryways giving accessibility to the home. Portals found would be closed up and sealed to ensure that no more rodents would get in. The wife had great concerns about the possibility of infectious viruses in the rodent’s urine, feces and nesting material. After a serious discussion the couple decided to call AMPM Exterminators a pest control company that would conquer the rodent infestation as experienced technicians in Crawlspace/Attic Cleanup.
Rats will definitely cause damage when making itself comfy in a home:
The damages that rats can require the removal of and installing of new insulation. Rats and mice create stains and unpleasant odors and there would be a need to deodorize areas affected. The attic and crawlspace will have to be thoroughly cleaned. Rata will also cause damage by gnawing on building systems like electrical wiring, doors, and weather strip. Since most home fires are caused by electrical problems, and rodents like to chew on wires, rodents can represent a significant risk to the home and family.
Its smart business to work on preventing the rats gaining accessibility time the home. AMPM Exterminators informed the client that every job plan is designed to treat the current pest problems quickly and thoroughly. Definitely the homeowner decided on getting a monthly recurring service for prevention to protect the family and the home.
AMPM EXTERMINATORS is a pest control service that can help to determine the frequency of a homeowners pest control needs. People that have a lot of traffic in and out tend to need a monthly service. AMPM Exterminators, a pest control service, has a vested interest in providing a proven,environmentally conscious, cost-effective solution for all pest control needs.
Company Name: Mice and Rat Control Services for Residential and Commercial Property
Contact Person: Doug Bunker
Address:8512 122nd ave ne, suite 80
Country: United States