In recent years the proportion of fuel purchased on fuel cards has increased and a number of smaller, independent oil company fuel card issuers have emerged. In 2015, fuel card volumes across the Southern European markets grew 4.5% totaling just less than 6.6bn liters. Turkey is the largest fuel card market in Europe and accounts for 69.9% of fuel card volume sales across the region but the popularity of fuel cards varies across the continent. Radiant Insights predicts that growth in Southern European fuel card markets is likely to come from Turkey as commercial vehicles reduce their usage of company run deports and turn to fuel cards as their operations become increasingly international.
Download Full Research Report of Fuel Card Market @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/fuel-cards-in-europe-southern-markets-2010-2020
– CRT vehicles continue to use depots rather than fuel cards. Less than half of all CRT vehicles in Southern Europe do not own fuel cards as they have traditionally used company run depots and despite the many additional services offered by card operators, companies continue to use depots. Despite a growth in the number of CRT cards in Southern Europe the proportion of CRT vehicles using them will fall from 36.8% to 36.6% in 2020, as companies with depots expand their networks creating new business by taking advantage of low wholesale fuel pricing at their depots.
– Less than 10.0% of fleet vehicles use fuel cards in Southern Europe. While the proportion of fleet vehicles using fuel cards will grow over the next five years, only 7.5% of commercial fleets will use fuel cards by the end of 2020 as many fleets remain ineligible. The majority of fleet vehicles in Southern Europe are small domestic based companies such as taxi firms that do not reach the minimum volume requirements of most fuel card operators, but with nearly 8 million fleet vehicles not using fuel cards in 2020 this segment provides significant growth opportunities.
– International expansion will increase need for fuel cards. Southern CRT fleets will increasingly expand their businesses internationally as their home markets have limited growth potential, which will change the needs of CRT vehicles over the next ten years. While most CRT vehicles continue to use company run depots, increased international business will reduce the need for depots towards 2020. As companies move away from depots, card operators should push their international services such as international site coverage, VAT reclaim, toll payments, roadside assistance and fraud prevention that can meet the growing needs of CRT vehicles if they want to increase card volumes post 2020.
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/fuel-cards-in-europe-southern-markets-2010-2020/request-sample
“Fuel cards in Europe, Southern markets, 2010-2020e”, a Sector Report by Radiant Insights Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the Southern European fuel card markets today, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel card market, analyzing key trends in the market based on in depth interviews with major fuel card operators across Europe and proprietary data from Radiant Insights Retail’s service station retail databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
– Fuel Card Volumes, Values and Market Shares – Forecasted to 2020
– Fleet and CRT fuel card data
– Analysis of major competitors in each market
– In depth analysis of trends that will have a major impact on the market over the next five years.
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
• Europe’s electric vehicle (EV) Market
• Cash and Carries and Warehouse Clubs Market
Reasons to Buy
– Plan effective market entry strategies by uncovering the current and future volume and value of fuel card transactions in Southern European fuel card markets.
– Assess whether you should increase network acceptance of your card and identify potential new merchants by uncovering the position of competitors.
– Whether you are an issuer, a processor, a leasing company, or a fuel retailer, make informed pitches to partners by understanding their business.
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, Visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States