The global 3D scanning market is expected to reach USD 8.04 billion by 2025, according to a new report conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The surging acceptance in healthcare and aerospace & automobile component designing arenas is expected to impel the market growth. The increasing acceptance in the industrial manufacturing segment, specifically in metal processing and modelling procedures, is further anticipated to bolster the market growth.
The market can be classified on the basis of application types into industrial manufacturing, aerospace & defense, healthcare, architecture & engineering, and other 3D scanning applications. The healthcare segment is expected to grow at a notable pace owing to the surging in corporation by surgeons and medical practitioners in the study of cross-sectional human anatomy and in other similar surgical procedures; for instance, companies such as ARANZ Medical provide 3D scanning and technology solutions for wound and skin assessment there by renovating clinical assessment procedures, in so delivering cost-effective healthcare services and improving quality of care.
The 3D scanning technology offers many benefits to the automotive industry, particularly in terms of designing. For instance, in April 2016, BMW Group (Germany) declared 3D scanning and printing technologies were used to aid the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio, by utilizing 3D technology for designing aerodynamic and lightweight carbon fiber wheelchairs and custom 3D printed gloves for Team USA.
Browse full research report on global 3D scanning market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/3d-scanning-industry
North America 3D scanning market, by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global 3D scanning market is estimated to grow significantly over the forecast period due to the innovative inspection technology adoption in numerous industries, leading to reduced costs of manufacture and increased efficacy. The technological superiority of 3D scanning in dynamic solicitation arenas of large magnitude is assessed to elicit the demand by 2025.
- The 3D scanning industry is segmented on the basis of products into laser scanners, structured light scanners, and optical scanners. The 3D laser scanner segment is anticipated to dominate the 3D scanning device arena in terms of market size by 2025. 3D laser scanners would remain the dominant product segment on account of the low cost of laser scanners. Structured light scanners would emerge as the fastest growing product segment in the market in terms of revenue, in the years to come.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness a considerable growth in the years to come. The surge in the demand across various industrial manufacturing application arenas is expected to boost the market demand. North America is projected to mature as one of the perceptible regional markets, owing to the high adoption in the aerospace and automotive designing industry coupled with the increasing R&D spending.
- The key industry contributors include Creaform, Inc., Autodesk, Inc., Nikon Metrology NV, David Vision Systems GmbH, FARO Technologies, Basis Software, Inc. (Surphaser 3D), Fuel3D Technologies Limited and Hexagon AB.
3D scanning application market, 2016 & 2025 (USD Million)
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/emerging-and-next-generation-technologies
Grand View Research has segmented the global 3D scanning market on the basis of component type, application type, and region:
3D Scanning Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Laser Scanner
- Structured Light Scanner
- Optical Scanner
3D Scanning Range Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Short range
- Medium range
- Long range
3D Scanning Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Industrial manufacturing
- Aerospace & Defense
- Architecture & Engineering
3D Scanning Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Global 3D Scanning Market, 2015
Access research insight: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/3d-scanning-market-insights-size
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States