The global antimicrobial coatings market is expected to reach USD 8.43 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing concern among professional industry manufactures about cleaning and to prevent buildings against the growth of bacteria, mold and fungi are expected to drive the overall market growth.
Recent food poisoning outbreaks coupled with high rates of hospital-acquired infections had heightened the awareness among people. Nowadays, people mainly insist on safe and healthy products by offering more for such goods and services.
Silver based biocides are widely used in medical grade applications owing to its excellent antimicrobial properties. Recently, a new U.S. based is othiazolin-based biocide, n-butyl-1,2-benzisothiazolin-3-one is also used as an antimicrobial agent to prevent the spread of germs. Moreover, rising demand for implantable medical devices and increasing burden of cardiovascular diseases is expected to aid the overall market demand over the next eight years.
However, stringent regulations issued by both U.S. and the European Union are anticipated to critically affect the industry over the next eight years. Companies’ products have to be approved and registered with EPA for their specific requirement in which they are used. Recently, manufacturers incorporated antimicrobial agents in the bulk material, which is considered a viable alternative for its application in antibiotics.
Full research report on antimicrobial coatings market analysis:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global antimicrobial coatings market demand was 372.9 kilotons in 2015 and is expected to exceed 1 million tons by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2016 to 2025
- Mold remediation is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 11.1% over the forecast period. The cost involved in remediating a mold-infested building can be staggering, especially when the building has inferior coatings.
- These coatings provide long-term protection against growth and spread of bacteria, mold, and fungi. After Shock is an antimicrobial coating, registered under EPA which is designed to kill mildew and residual mold.
- Air conditioning and ventilation segment were accounted for over 25% of the overall volume in 2015. These products help to deter the growth of micro-organisms in heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. AgION coated materials inhibit the growth of different microbes.
- The industry is characterized by the presence of multinational companies which holds the major chunk of the total revenue. Industry participants mainly include Diamond Vogel, Dow Microbial Control, AkzoNobel N.V and Sherwin Williams.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/paints-coatings-and-printing-inks
Grand View Research has segmented the antimicrobial coatings market on the basis of product, application and region:
Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Antimicrobial powder coatings
- Surface modifications and coatings
- E. Coli
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Sanitary facilities and kitchen
- Air conditioning and ventilation systems
- Food processing and packaging
- Antimicrobial textile
- Mold remediation
- Other applications
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
Access research insight: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/antimicrobial-coatings-market-insights-size
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States