The global antifungal drugs market was valued at USD 10.7 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach a value of USD 12.6 billion by 2025. The increasing incidence of fungal infections worldwide is the key contributing factor for the growth of the antifungal drugs market in the coming years. Rising adoption of immunosuppressive andantineoplastic agents, prosthetic devices and grafts, and broad-spectrum antibiotics have resulted in the increasing incidence of fungal infections in the recent years.
The growing geriatric population prone to infectious diseases and higher prevalence of chronic conditions, including HIV and cancer, are further contributing toward the rising demand for antifungals to treat opportunistic fungal infections over the forecast period. The large demand for these fungistatic agents is due to the nature of fungal infections, which are difficult to diagnose, yielding high mortality and morbidity rates.
Full research report on antifungal drugs market analysis:
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Echinocandins segment is anticipated to exhibit lucrative growth owing to their cell wall-specific fungicidal property coupled with their broad-spectrum activity against Aspergillus and Candida species without cross-resistance risks
- Candidiasis indication segment is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period due to the increasing drug resistance of the Candida speciesto Azoles
- North America held the largest market share as of 2015, which is attributable to higher awareness levels pertaining to the treatment of fungal infection and presence of target diseases in the population
- Asia pacific is predicted to exhibit the fastest growth due to improving healthcare facilities coupled with rising government initiatives to create awareness of infectious diseases amongst the population
- The companies are focusing on the development of effective therapeutic agents for the treatment of systemic fungal infections in immune-compromised patients
- Numerous ongoing public-private partnership agreements in the pharmaceutical industry for the development of novel therapeutics is predicted to provide this market with lucrative growth opportunities
- For example, the public-private partnership, namely Combating Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Biopharmaceutical Accelerator is anticipated to provide USD 44 million in 2016 and around USD 350 million in the coming 5 years to boost the R&D pipeline
- The partners involved in this partnership are the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Antimicrobial Resistance Centrein England, and Boston University School of Law
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
Grand View Research has segmented the antifungal drugs market by drug class, indication, and region:
Global Antifungal Drugs Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Global Antifungal Drugs Indication Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Antifungal Drugs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Access research insight: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/antifungal-drugs-market-insights-size
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States