The microbiome therapeutics market is expected to reach USD 433.5 million by 2025, based on a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing funding initiatives and government programs to support this research are high impact rendering drivers anticipated to foster market growth.
The launch of Human Microbiome Project by NHS in Europe and the Microbiome Initiative by the U.S. government are some of the crucial government initiatives pertaining to market growth. The U.S. government has announced to have invested over USD 121 million in the Microbiome Initiative with additional USD 100 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Presence of strong drug pipeline can also be attributed to the highly lucrative growth. Key players are entering into collaborative agreements with venture capital firms and research institutes for enhancing therapeutics pipeline through development of efficient and safe drugs. Some of the companies that recently formed collaborative agreements are Seventure Partners & ENTEROME Bioscience; Vedanta Biosciences & Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd.; and Seventure Partners & Eligo Bioscience.
Browse full research report on global microbiome therapeutics market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/microbiome-therapeutics-market
U.S. Microbiome therapeutics market, by application, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Fecal Microbial Transplant (FMT) held the largest market share in 2015 owing to easier availability and introduction of FMT capsules by Open Biome
- Introduction of RBX2660, a phase 3 molecule, during the end of 2018 will result in substantial increase in revenue of FMT
- No commercial microbiome drugs are currently available with FMT being the only therapy for treatment. Drugs are estimated to hit the market by fourth quarter of 2017.
- It is estimated that the drugs segment would witness the fastest growth owing to the presence of blockbuster drugs, such as, NM504, SER-109, RP-G28, and SGM-1019, in the pipeline
- C. difficile dominated the application segment in 2015 with Crohn’s disease leading the market CAGR over the forecast period
- North America held the largest share in 2015, owing to presence of major companies & established healthcare infrastructure and high amount of research activities
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness significant growth with increasing acceptance of FMT in developing countries, such as India and China
- Some of the key companies are MicroBiome Therapeutics, LLC; Seres Therapeutics; ENTEROME Bioscience; MaaT Pharma; Rebiotix, Inc.; Ritter Pharmaceuticals; Second Genome, Inc.; and OpenBiome
- High investment on research and development of new drugs and investigation of available drugs for more untapped applications are the main strategies undertaken by the key players
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
U.S. Microbiome therapeutics market, by application, 2016 & 2025 (USD Million)
Grand View Research has segmented the microbiome therapeutics market on the basis of type and application:
Type Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Microbiome Drugs
Application Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- C. difficile
- Crohn’s disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States