The global waterproof breathable textiles (WBT) market is expected to reach USD 2.31 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The waterproof breathable textiles market is expected to grow in line with the demand for comfortable and high performance apparel.
The increasing demand for multifunctional sportswear apparel & accessories, which have breathable, waterproof, windproof, thermal, and anti-bacterial properties, is projected to drive the demand for WBT in the active sports apparel segment.
Technological advancements have led to the emergence of fabrics based on biomimetic and smart breathable fabrics which are expected to drive market growth. Rapidly evolving technology in the areas of a cost-effective manufacturing process, controlling pore sizes, and their distributions are also anticipated to propel demand over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on global waterproof breathable textiles market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-industry
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The enhanced durability, lightweight, and multifunctional properties of waterproof breathable textiles are anticipated to drive market demand
- The growing demand for low cost and waterproof & breathable fabrics is projected to boost the demand for polyurethane raw material used in the manufacture of WBT
- The membrane segment with a revenue share of 72% in 2015 is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period as they prevent the penetration of liquid, permit breathability, and are highly durable as compared to coatings
- Footwear is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.1% on account of increasing demand for lightweight and sport specific footwear demand. The trend of maintaining an active lifestyle is also projected to propel market growth over the coming years.
- The usage of waterproof breathable films in other applications such as for the manufacture of garments, footwear, gears, and tents in the military sector is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.4% over the coming years
- Asia Pacific was the leading consumer with demand share exceeding 33% in 2015 and is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.6% on account of the increasing manufacture of sportswear in countries such as China, Vietnam, and India
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/smart-textiles
Grand View Research has segmented the waterproof breathable textile market on the basis of raw material, textile, product, application, and region:
Global Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2024)
Global Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2024)
- Densely Woven
Global Product Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2024)
Global Application Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2024)
- Active Sportswear
Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America (CSA)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States