Cockroaches a big problem in Seattle Area
The Seattle area does in fact does have a cockroach problem here in many
areas. The cockroaches are cagey and look for nice cozy, warm and moist
spots to call home. Some of the sites on target are Healthcare facilities,
Commercial businesses and Residential homes. All of which are susceptible
this type of infestation. Keeps Pest Control companies hopping.
Health Impacts of Cockroaches
German roaches feed on garbage and thrive near damp, bacteria-laden environments. As a result, German roaches are known to carry pathogens of some 40-50 diseases. Although not actually proven to cause any diseases, German cockroaches are commonly suspected of spreading illnesses. Some experts believe their discarded skin castings are the number one trigger of asthma in urban environments.
Where German Roaches Come From
German cockroaches are hitchhikers on people and possessions. In multi-family dwellings, they can easily travel from unit to unit through walls, ceilings, floors, vents, plumbing and wiring. They also travel in on second-hand furniture and appliances. In rare instances, newly purchased items such as groceries can act as a carrier. While German cockroaches can survive outdoors temporarily, this is not common for prolonged periods of time. They only occasionally travel from one free-standing house to another.
1. Keep your home clean and free of food scraps. Roaches thrive on food such as trash, dirty dishes, and leftover grease, as well as residues from toothbrushes and dish sponges. They will even eat the cast-off skins and feces of other roaches for survival. Good basic sanitation can not only prevent a roach infestation but also significantly improve the effectiveness of treatment.
2. Place bait traps where you most often see the roaches. The proper use of gel baits can often eliminate a German cockroach infestation. The key is to place the bait in the specific spots within the room where roaches and/or their fecal pellets have been spotted. Near the coffee maker, on the floor by the stove, and on the wall behind the sink are common crevices where bait should be applied. Bait placements are ideally about the size of a pea.
3. Use caution when placing bait. Do not apply the bait to areas that come into contact with food, or that are accessible to children or pets. Completely read and follow all label directions before using any bait or other pesticide.
4. Reapply bait to avoid re-infestation by new nymphs. Re-bait three to four weeks after the initial treatment, to ensure that new roach hatchlings have fresh, edible bait on which to feed and kill themselves.
5. Refer to a professional exterminator for faster treatment. A seasoned professional can usually get rid of a roach infestation faster than a homeowner because of their expertise and experience. German cockroaches are often elusive, reproduce quickly, and pose numerous health hazards. For these reasons, it is most effective to allow a professional to handle their extermination.
The best cockroach prevention is excellent sanitization practices. Cleanliness is indeed next to Godliness. Always keep the kitchen and bathroom as clean as possible. But also includes the entire apartment unit and building. The usual household tasks should not be ignored. Like taking the garbage out on a daily basis. Never leave food out at any time. When done with meals or snacks clear away food and dishes. Uncovered food and boxes left open is a huge invitation for the ugly pests to come on in. In this case the Seattle Apartment Manager was notified and verified with other tenants there was a crucial problem. The manager made the decision to call AMPM Exterminators for professional help with the Cockroach Infestation.
In speaking with an experienced technician at AMPM Exterminators learned that elimination of this type of infestation could require multiple visits. It was also stressed to the manager that all tenants had to follow all of the preliminary steps for a successful extermination before treatment was applied. Not complying would mean having to repeat the service. AMPM Exterminators is very successful in taking care of this serious issue. Pest control professionals take great pride in the success rate of eliminating the Cockroaches. AMPM technicians are very thorough and diligent in the process of exterminating the infestation. Cockroaches may have been new tenants in a Seattle Apartment building but were soon evicted by AMPM Exterminators.
Company Name: Cockroach Control & Treatment | Pest Control Services
Contact Person: Charles Must
Phone: 425 440 0966
Address:805 156th Ave NE
Country: United States