The Clement Palo Alto, the area’s first and only all-inclusive luxury hotel, is pleased to announce four exciting special packages available to its guests in 2017.
The packages available so far include a special shopping outing at the world-famous Stanford Shopping Center; a half-day pampering experience at Palo Alto’s renowned LaBelle Day Spa & Salon; two special tours at the award-winning Thomas Fogarty Winery in the nearby Santa Cruz Mountains; and tours of the famed Stanford University campus, located just across the street from The Clement Palo Alto.
Here are the special packages that will be available in 2017:
The Stanford Shopping Center Package
The famed Stanford Shopping Center recently completed a multi-million dollar redevelopment project, with world-renowned Bloomingdale’s moving to a new location to make way for the improvements. The three-level, 125,000-square-foot reimagined Stanford Shopping Center store includes 68 designer shops, over 100 new brands, and a refreshed assortment of stylish essentials for women, men, children and home.
The 25 new retailers to set up shop in the new area include: Anthropologie; Allen-Edmonds Shoe; LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics; Luisa Spagnoli, a Italian women’s fashion boutique; AllSaints, a British fashion house; lululemon; Everything But Water, a designer swim and resort fashion boutique; The North Face; Uno de 50, a Spanish jewelry shop; and Vineyard Vines, a clothing and gift store; Japanese lifestyle retailer Muji and girls’ retailer Brandy Melville.
Three new eateries were also part of the renovation, including the vegan/vegetarian restaurant True Food Kitchen; Tender Greens, which features fresh local produce; and Minamoto Kitchen, a shop that will sell artisanal Japanese desserts.
Several of Stanford Shopping Center’s existing retailers also moved to expanded locations in the mall, including Victoria’s Secret, BCBG/MAXAZRIA, J. Crew, Solstice and Tommy Bahama.
A new outdoor plaza, which was part of the renovation of the shopping center’s common areas, features gardens, a stretch of lawn where people can sit and a water feature with infinity edges.
One of the three anchor stores in the Stanford Shopping Center is the iconic Bloomingdale’s. The Clement Palo Alto is now offering an exclusive shopping trip to this celebrated store. This exciting experience can include such things as:
Complimentary Style Advisor (personal shopper) appointments and beauty consultations (advance reservations required):
• Little Brown Bag welcome amenity
• 15% off Savings Certificate (see in-store for details and restrictions)
• Exclusive event invitations
• Car pick-up service
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s, Inc. It was founded in 1872 and currently operates 38 Bloomingdale’s stores and 16 Bloomingdale’s, The Outlet Stores, in California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Virginia. In addition, Bloomingdale’s has an international presence with a location in Dubai.
Be sure to follow @bloomingdales on social media, become a Loyallist, and for more information, or to shop any time, visit www.bloomingdales.com
The Perfect Pampered Day Spa Experience
After a long day of travel or a week of seemingly endless meetings and appointments, what could be more relaxing and rejuvenating than a soothing spa treatment at LaBelle Day Spa & Salon?
Start off your day with breakfast in bed with your favorite morning delicacies. A private car waits for you, then whisks you off to the relaxing LaBelle Day Spa & Salon at the nearby Stanford Shopping Center.
Enjoy a half day of pampering with a 60-minute full-body massage and a 60-minute oxygen facial along with a silky foot peel. Or you could opt for a pedicure that includes a 15-minute massage. Once you’re fully relaxed and glowing, you’ll get your hair washed, blow dried and styled, followed by a professional daytime make-up application.
You’ll then return to the hotel for a refreshing glass of champagne and lunch at The Rooftop Pool & Cabanas. You could enjoy the afternoon shopping at Stanford Shopping Center, which features some of the Bay Area’s finest stores, or just stay at the hotel and relax. For the evening, make plans for cocktails and dining on-site or now that you’re rejuvenated, go for a night on the town.
Cost for the spa package is $375, and includes transportation and a goodie bag filled with travel-size beauty products. Price does not include the cost of the suite, please give our Guest Experience Specialist 48 hours to book this package.
Thomas Fogarty Winery Packages
These packages celebrate one of California’s signature agricultural products and all that vintners and growers bring to the economy, culture and lifestyle of the Golden State. If you are a wine lover, this is a unique experience you won’t want to miss, available only at The Clement Palo Alto.
Antonio Galloni of The Wine Advocate has high praise for the wines and wineries of the Santa Cruz Mountains: “There is no doubt in my mind the Santa Cruz Mountains is the greatest and most overlooked terroir in the United States. Period.”
Few wine regions on earth can match the climates, soils and breathtaking views of the Santa Cruz Mountains appellation.
One of the top wineries in that region is the acclaimed Thomas Fogarty Winery and Vineyard, which has been named “Winery of the Year” and listed as one of the top 100 wineries in the world in 2014 by Wine & Spirits magazine. The Fogarty winery has been producing some of the most critically acclaimed estate wines in California since 1981.
Situated at 2,000 feet above sea level, the Thomas Fogarty Winery offers a rare confluence of great vineyard sites, sweeping panoramas of the San Francisco Bay area and some of the best wines in the world.
The Clement Palo Alto is pleased to be able to present two fascinating experiences for wine lovers at the extraordinary Thomas Fogarty Winery, located just directly west of Palo Alto and Stanford University in the picturesque Santa Cruz Mountains.
One package offers vineyard tours and a private tasting of Fogarty’s current release wines and some choice library selections. The second offers a private moderated tasting of several of Fogarty’s wines with the owner and winemakers in the winery’s tasting salon.
Experience No. 1:
Guided Vineyards Tour & Tasting
This down-to-earth experience involves an intimate tour of Fogarty’s eight micro-vineyards covering 25 acres of ridge top and steep southeast- and east-facing hillsides on the property.
These 35 to 40-year-old organically farmed vines produce the small, allocated quantities of Thomas Fogarty’s award-winning, single-vineyard Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines.
As you visit each of the eight vineyards you will learn about the history and organic farming practices of the winery, which dates back to 1978 when Stanford cardiovascular surgeon and world-renowned inventor, Thomas Fogarty, planted his first grapes and in 1981 established a commercial winery in the mountainous area.
Following the tour, you will convene in the proprietors’ tasting salon for a moderated tasting of current releases and selections from the winery’s library.
This tour takes about three hours, involves some light walking and climbing in and out of a military-style all-terrain vehicle. Participants are advised to wear comfortable walking shoes and active attire. The tour is limited to eight people. $500 per person.
Additionally, and at extra cost, you can end the day at Palo Alto’s renowned Zola restaurant, where Chef/Owner Guillaume Bienaime and winemaker Tom Fogarty Jr. will prepare a menu of dishes paired with Thomas Fogarty wines.
Experience No. 2:
Private Tasting in Proprietors’ Tasting Salon
Participants will enjoy a private tasting of Fogarty’s allocated current release wines and some choice library selections in the Proprietors’ Tasting Salon with either owner Tom Fogarty Jr., winemaker Nathan Kandler or cellarmaster Marshal White. The tasting will be moderated and the seven to 10 wines included will be chosen in advance based on your preferences and with your input.
This experience involves no walking, takes about 90 minutes, is limited to eight people and is $250 per person.
The Concierge can assist you in customizing your experience. The Clement team is also happy to arrange Uber for an extra fee.
The new wine packages are available for booking in conjunction with a hotel stay. Rooms begin at $995 per night for the first guest and $150 per person for additional guests. (Rooms accommodate up to four guests.)
The Stanford University Package
Stanford University is one of the most prestigious and highly respected universities in the country. Its sprawling, tree-lined campus is also one of the largest and loveliest in the country and well worth a visit. And as luck would have it, The Clement Palo Alto is located just across the street from the university campus.
The Stanford University Package includes one or more of the following experiences:
• A tour of the university, founded in 1891, starts at the Stanford Visitors Center at the corner of Campus Drive and Galvez Street. From there, guided one-hour walking tours are held seven days a week at 11 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
• A tour of Stanford would not be complete without a visit to its most visible landmark, the 285-foot Hoover Tower, located a short walk from The Quad, the school’s academic center. From the 14th floor of the Hoover Tower Observation Platform you’ll be met with spectacular views of the campus, the city of Palo Alto, the foothills and the San Francisco Bay Area to the north.
• Art lovers will be tempted to spend all day at the Cantor Arts Center and the adjacent Rodin Sculpture Garden. The Center has 24 galleries devoted to a wide range of art spanning 4,000 years, from ancient Chinese ceramics to 19th century American drawings to contemporary sculptures.
• The Rodin Sculpture Garden contains the largest collection of Auguste Rodin sculptures outside of Paris, including the astounding 20-foot-high bronze “The Gates of Hell.” Inside the Center there are even more Rodin works, almost 200 in total for both sites, mostly bronzes, but also works in wax, plaster and terra cotta.
• Dedicated in 1903, Stanford Memorial Church is at the center of the campus and is the University’s architectural crown jewel. It was one of the earliest, and is still among the most prominent, interdenominational churches in the West. It is open to visitors weekdays and on Sundays with ecumenical worship featuring choir and organ music.
• For the scientifically inclined, a trip to the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center just west of the main campus should be on everyone’s must-do list. The versatile astrophysics laboratory, which has more than 3,000 scientists, six of whom have been awarded Nobel Prizes, may be best known for its two-mile long linear accelerator, which is currently the longest in the world. Regular guided tours are available weekdays at the Visitor Center.
• If a little physical activity is more to your liking, The Dish is one of the most popular destinations for joggers and walkers on campus. Named after the prominent old radiotelescope that is visible throughout the area, The Dish offers a paved path that climbs the rolling hills and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area, including, on a clear day, San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose and the East Bay. The main loop is a 3.5-mile trail that takes about 90 minutes to walk.
About The Clement Palo Alto
The Clement Palo Alto is ideally located across from Stanford University and next to downtown Palo Alto, with its award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping and upscale spas. It is just 45 minutes south of San Francisco and only 30 minutes north of San Jose, not only making it convenient, but easily accessible to the world-famous sights and myriad activities of both cities.
Overall, The Clement Palo Alto offers a unique, one-of-a-kind 6-star experience in the heart of Silicon Valley with unparalleled personal service, all-inclusive luxury and privacy in a warm, inviting and luxurious residential environment.
For more information, contact:
The Clement Hotel
711 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, California 94301
Distributed by Release News – PR Distribution
Company Name: Release News
Contact Person: Andrew Braithwaite
Country: United States