Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market is expected to reach a value of USD 874.6 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising prevalence of sepsis is the most significant factor anticipated to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the number of patients suffering from septic poisoning rose by an average of 5.7% each year. As a result of this, there is a rising need for early diagnosis of such blood-poisoning diseases amongst patients. High prevalence of sepsis is also leading to a huge mortality rate, which is triggering early diagnosis to execute the clinical intervention.
Rising number of hospital-acquired infections are also expected to support the growth of the market over the forecast period. Hospital-acquired infections majorly include urinary tract & surgical site infections, which result into sepsis. According to WHO, 7 out of every 100 hospitalized patients develop hospital-acquired infections in developed countries. Thus, such infections significantly cause septicaemia, which will resultantly raise the need for early diagnosis. On the other hand, pneumonia is also an important driving factor for high demand of sepsis diagnostics as it is one of the major causes for septic shock.
Full research report on Global Sepsis Diagnostic Market:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Blood culture media was the largest segment in 2015 due to higher adoption of culture media tests in laboratories for the diagnosis of septic poisoning
- Molecular diagnostics is anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to quick and efficient identification of microorganisms causing septicaemia
- Bacterial sepsis contributed toward the largest revenue in 2015. This is due to the fact that bacterial infection is the most common cause for people suffering from septic poisoning
- In 2015, laboratory testing segment held the highest share due to the fact that majority of the sepsis diagnostic tests are being conducted in laboratory-based setting
- North America dominated in 2015 owing to the increasing mortality rate of patients suffering from septicaemia
- Some of the key companies include bioMérieux SA, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Roche Diagnostics, Cepheid Inc., Beckman Coulter, Inc., Nanosphere, Inc., and Bruker Corporation
View More Reports of This Category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market on the basis of product, technology, pathogen, testing type, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Blood Culture Media
- Assay Kits and Reagents
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Flow Cytometry
Pathogen Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Bacterial Sepsis
- Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Gram-Negative Bacteria
- Fungal Sepsis
Testing Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Laboratory Testing
- PoC Testing
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-sepsis-diagnostics-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States