The Future Stars Series nationwide search for amateur baseball talent, which was started as an initiative to ‘Change The Game’ of baseball between New Balance and Program 15 in 2016, will land at Constellation Field in Sugar Land, TX August 18-20, where the National and World teams will go head to head at the inaugural New Balance Future Stars Series International Weekend.
The National Team will feature players from the U.S. while the World Team will feature players from Canada, Japan, Dominican, Puerto Rico and Colombia.
Player participation in the three-game series is by invitation only featuring top high school talent selected by former MLB players and scouts from national and international Future Stars Series player development and scouting combines and the upcoming Future Stars Series National Trials event.
Program 15 and Future Stars Series CEO and President of Baseball Operations, Jeremy Booth said, “Our goal when we started this venture was to elevate the game of baseball by providing players across all economic levels an opportunity to reach their full potential through the training, development, and guidance of former MLB players, scouts, and coaches. With the upcoming Future Stars Series International Weekend, the baseball world will get to see that’s exactly what we accomplished.”
Booth’s reputation combined with his relentless drive and passion has grabbed the attention of college and MLB scouts across the nation. The Future Stars Series is clearly redefining the process in which top amateur baseball talent is being discovered. This made saying ‘yes’ an easy decision for the top names in baseball training and development who were hand picked as the coaching staff for both teams.
The Future Stars Series International Weekend Coaching Staffs
• Manager: Tony Crivello, NorCal Baseball
• Bench Coach: Steve Trombly, Trombly Baseball
• Pitching Coach: Jason Phillips, US Elite Baseball
• Hitting Coach: Karl Carswell, KC Barnstormers
• 3rd Base Coach: Will Roland, Citius Baseball
• 1st Base Coach: Greg Blaesing, Rhino Baseball
• Bullpen Coach: Randy Curtis, ABD Baseball
• Manager: Sean Travers, Ontario Blue Jays
• Bench Coach: Corey Eckstein, Sandlot British Columbia
• Pitching Coach: Mike Steed, Ontario Blue Jays
• Hitting Coach: Rafael Santo Domingo, PRBAHS (Puerto Rico)
• 3rd Base Coach: Mike Garza, Primetime Baseball
• 1st Base Coach: Alvin Montilla, Dominican Republic
• Bullpen Coach: JR Bardin, Texas Sun Devils
On August 17th, all National and World team players will get to participate in a Development and Testing day with Program 15 National Staff composed of former MLB Players, Scouts, Executives and Coaches with 10 World Series Rings under their belts, including:
• Jeremy Booth – CEO, President of Baseball Operations, Former Pro Player & MLB Scout
• Butch Baccala – Vice President of Scouting, 25 + Year MLB Scout
• Trenidad Hubbard – Director of Player Development, 10 + Year MLB Player
• Roberto Kelly – National Outfield and Baserunning Coordinator, 14+ Year MLB Player
• Jim Parque – National Pitching Coordinator, 6 + Year MLB Player
• Chad Moeller – National Catching Coordinator, 11+ Year MLB Player
• Benji Gil – National Infield Coordinator, 8+ Year MLB Player
• Nelson Gord – College Recruiting Expert
• Adam Czajkowski – Director of Operations, Former MLB Scouting Supervisor
Former Player and General Manager of the Houston Astros, Manager of World Series winning New York Yankees, and MLB Vice President of On-Field Discipline, Bob Watson, will make a special appearance to address the players.
Each Tournament player will be outfitted head-to-toe from Future Stars Series Sponsors.
• New Balance will provide each player with Uniforms, workout attire and footwear (BP Jackets, dri-fit, shorts, turfs, and spikes).
• Zinger Bats will provide two bats for each player.
• Franklin Sports will be providing batting gloves.
• All-Star Sports will be providing Catchers Gear, Helmets and Bags.
Blast Motion: the industry’s most accurate motion capture sensor integrated with communication, analysis, coaching, and management tools will also be on hand for demonstrations and data collection.
Other Future Stars Series Sponsors behind the initiative include:
NCSA (Next College Student Athlete)
The three-game series, which will be attended by college and pro scouts, will be open to the public and begins on August 18th at Constellation Field in Sugar Land, TX – Home of the Sugar Land Skeeters.
The Future Stars Series National Trials will be held in the Houston, TX area at Baseball USA and Premier Baseball of Texas Complexes on the following dates:
Class of 2018: June 24-28
Class of 2019: July 1-5
Class of 2020: July 8-12
To learn more visit http://futurestarsseries.com/events/national-trials-event/
For the latest Future Stars Series updates and announcements follow @ftrstarsseries on Twitter or visit http://futurestarsseries.com
To learn more about Program 15, visit http://program15.com. And keep up-to-date with all of the latest Program 15 news and announcements on Twitter @Program15BB.
To learn more about New Balance baseball, visit http://www.newbalance.com/men/featured/baseball/, and follow @NB_Baseball on Twitter and @Nbbaseball on Instagram.
About Program 15:
Program 15, based in Houston, TX is built with the idea of quieting the noise and helping families to navigate the paths of proper instruction and development plans for all youth players with aspirations of playing baseball beyond high school and select ball levels through the execution of personalized development plans for each player.
About New Balance:
New Balance, headquartered in Boston, MA has the following mission: Demonstrating responsible leadership, we build global brands that athletes are proud to wear, associates are proud to create and communities are proud to host. New Balance is the only major company to make or assemble more than 4 million pairs of athletic footwear per year in the USA, which represents a limited portion of our US sales. Where the domestic value is at least 70%, we label our shoes Made in the USA. New Balance owns five factories in New England and one in Flimby, U.K. New Balance employs more than 5,000 associates around the globe, and in 2015 reported worldwide sales of $3.72 billion.
To learn more about New Balance, please visit www.newbalance.com and for the latest press information please visit http://newbalance.newsmarket.com
Keep up-to-date with all of the latest New Balance news on Twitter @NewBalance and newbalance on Facebook.
Company Name: Program 15
Contact Person: Rachel Allen
Country: United States