Global Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Market is expected to reach USD 2.68 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing incidences of facial fractures and demand for minimally invasive surgery for reconstruction are expected to drive the CMF devices market over the forecast period. The associated benefits with minimally invasive reconstructive surgeries such as faster recovery, minimal incision to the body, and less complications associated with the surgery are anticipated to contribute further toward the market growth.
The introduction of technologically advanced procedures such as robotic arm assisted CMF surgery and bio absorbable implants for cranial fixation are expected to drive the demand for CMF systems. The advancement such as amplified use of virtual plating technology and development of cost effective thoracic fixation devices are attributing toward the rising demand.
The market is competitive in nature as the manufacturers are involved in new product development strategies to increase their market penetration. Also, the companies are entering into collaborations and research alliance with other market players to increase their product portfolio. Various software and virtual three-dimensional (3D) technologies are adopted by companies to gain competitive advantage. For instance, the introduction of technologically advanced 3D printing allows manufacturers to integrate materials from both facial and cranial reconstruction is expected to gain popularity in coming years.
Full research report on Global Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- CMF plate and screw fixation dominated the product segment of CMF devices as of 2016, owing to increasing number of CMF trauma and reconstruction procedures which are non-elective
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) replacement product segment is expected to show lucrative growth over the forecast period
- Metallic implants held the largest revenue share owing to the advantage associated with it, such as less corrosive nature and provide rigid support to the fixators
- CMF devices find the largest application in neurosurgery owing to increasing CMF procedures in the oncology and neurovascular surgery treatments
- Asia Pacific region is anticipated to register rapid growth in coming years owing to the presence of high unmet needs coupled with increasing patient awareness levels and improving healthcare infrastructure
- Three-dimensional printing allow integration of new material for reconstruction and cranial surgery, this attracts more manufacturers for the investments in R&D for the development of advanced products
- Key players operating in this market include Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Synthes), Medtronic Inc., and Zimmer-Biomet Inc. which make the entry for small organizations difficult
- Moreover, stringent norms for product approval and post-approval performance monitoring which are regulated by authorities such as the U.S. FDA and American Academy of implant may act as a threat for new participants
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Market on the basis of the product, material, application, and region:
Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Cranial flap fixation
- CMF distraction
- Temporomandibular joint
- Thoracic fixation
- Bone graft substitute
- MF plate and screw fixation
Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Neurosurgery and ENT
- Orthognathic and dental
- Plastic surgery
Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
View Press Release On Global Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Market By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-cmf-devices-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more Information visit us: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States