Young, NSW – Peta’s Piano for Violin has launched on Kickstarter. Starting from $25 for a 3-month subscription, through to the Lifetime subscription for $250, Peta’s Piano for Violin will give violin teachers access to the first comprehensive, ever-growing and streamable catalogue of piano accompaniment recordings for violin, which they can share with their students to practice with and prepare for their rehearsals with a live accompanist:
(or use shortened link: http://kck.st/2oZZUxP)
Peta van Drempt, Founder of Peta’s Piano, explains: “Live accompaniment can be expensive and often students miss out on getting enough rehearsals with an accompanist to learn their pieces properly and give their best performance. My dream is to make Peta’s Piano for Violin a resource that any teacher or performer can turn to to find the accompaniment recordings they need to help them prepare themselves or their students for that first rehearsal with a live accompanist, freeing them up to spend those precious sessions on honing the higher-level ensemble skills that are so crucial to giving a great performance.”
“[Peta’s recordings] were excellent. Knowing that good accompaniment recordings are a real boon for students at any level, I’m pleased to support her work.” – John Berger, Suzuki violin teacher and blogger at TeachSuzukiViolin.com
Peta’s Piano for Violin features:
• High-quality piano accompaniment recordings, performed by some of Australia’s best concert pianists and accompanists in a state-of-the-art studio in the Blue Mountains
• Different tempo recordings for rehearsal purposes
• Tracks can be streamed via computer or mobile device 24/7 straight into the studio, home or concert hall
• Teachers will be able to easily share the recordings via an app with their students so they can access them at home without having to purchase the tracks themselves, making it much more likely they’ll actually use the recordings to practice (no more needing to email mp3s, burn and send out CDs that get lost in backpacks, etc.).
• Initial Kickstarter-funded repertoire includes beginner level Suzuki method and AMEB pieces (independently made – Peta’s Piano is not affiliated with these organisations in any way)
• Future repertoire additions (included in the Lifetime memberships) – additional popular beginner level material, plus popular intermediate and advanced repertoire, as per Kickstarter supporters’ preferences
Peta is offering Early Bird Lifetime packages for teachers exclusively during the Kickstarter campaign. These will give teachers and their whole studio of students access to the full catalogue of recordings FOREVER, as it grows from the beginner level through to the intermediate and advanced levels over time (ultimately hundreds of pieces). This means that teachers will always have a way to help their students learn to play with accompaniment, regardless of the student’s financial situation or geographic proximity to live accompanists. These packages are only available during the Kickstarter campaign as a way of thanking the early supporters who help the project get off the ground.
You can back Peta’s Piano for Violin on their Kickstarter page (shortened link: http://kck.st/2oZZUxP) now, starting at $25 for teacher memberships.
Even if you’re not a violin teacher, Peta invites you to support the project as she believes it will make music education more accessible and enjoyable for our young musicians, making it easier for them to achieve their musical potential.
High-resolution logos and photos can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/89po4ydjz9k7uj7/AADqwR_Ct-q1b9Wjrev3CaHJa?dl=0
About Peta’s Piano:
Peta’s Piano is an online music start-up based in Young, NSW, Australia. Founder Peta van Drempt, a professional piano accompanist and singer-songwriter, has been making high-quality recordings for hundreds of individual soloists and teachers in her home studio since 2011 and has seen many a performer experience greater joy and satisfaction in their music after using the recordings to prepare their pieces.
She is passionate about making piano accompaniment more accessible and affordable, helping soloists achieve their musical potential and love their music more. She hopes to make Peta’s Piano for Violin the go-to accompaniment resource for violinists, and plans to add catalogues for other instruments in the future.
Contact Person: Peta van Drempt
Phone: 0421 314 613