Global Dietary Fibers Market is expected to reach USD 11.83 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing functional food & beverage industries are expected to play major roles in the market over the next nine years.
Major sources of dietary fibers include whole grains such as brown rice, barley, and whole-wheat, vegetables such as broccoli, and fruits such as bananas and raspberries. Apart from these, lentils, nuts, apples, and mangoes are also known to have a high fiber content. Growing awareness about the importance of these foods in the daily diet is expected to further drive the market over the forecast period.
The market is expected to be driven by growing functional food & beverage industries. This was evident from the fact that the functional food industry grew at an annual rate of 2.4% from 2008 to 2009, while it grew at an annual rate of over 7% from 2012 to 2013.
Full Research Report on Global Dietary Fibers Market:
U.S. dietary fibers market, by source, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Whole grain products such as whole-wheat and brown rice dominated the source segment in 2015 as they have a high fiber content and exhibit several benefits including reduction of risk of heart diseases, asthma, and cancer, among others
- Insoluble fibers accounted for over 60% of the market by revenue in 2015 as these can be easily digested and excreted by the human body, without any complications
- The food segment is projected to witness the highest CAGR of over 14% in terms of value, from 2016 to 2025 due to growing demand for functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Asia Pacific held the largest revenue share of over 39% in 2015 with growing demand from countries such as China, India, Japan, and others
- The Central & South American region, with emerging industries in countries such as Brazil and Argentina, is projected to grow at the second-highest CAGR of over 13% in terms of revenue, from 2016 to 2025
- Some of the major manufacturers of dietary fibers include Cargill, Incorporated, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Lonza Group AG, Nexira, and Ingredion Incorporated, among others
- Most of these companies adopted expansions and investments as their major growth strategies from 2011 to 2016, in order to enter new untapped markets, consequently increasing their respective market shares
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/nutraceuticals-functional-foods-and-dietary-supplements
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Dietary Fibers Market on the basis of source, product, application, and region:
Global Dietary Fibers Source Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Whole Grain Products
- Fruits & Vegetables
Global Dietary Fibers Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Soluble Dietary Fibers
- Insoluble Dietary Fibers
Global Dietary Fibers Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Dietary Fibers Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Access Blog on this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blog/dietary-fibers-market-size-share
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States