JEROME, AZ – 23 May, 2017 – Mr. Joel M. Haynie is proud to announce the winner of the 2017 Northern Arizona Patriotism Award today, to celebrate an individual who truly reflects the essence of patriotism and continues to showcase pride in our great Nation.
The Winner, Officer Kerry Lee of the Jerome Police Department, met a series of essential requirements in order to receive this annual award. As the innagural winner, Mr. Lee’s service in the Marines and his continued patriotic support and passion for his local community were all considering factors in his selection.
“Officer Kerry Lee is the absolute definition of patriot.” Joel Haynie offers. “Too often we celebrate a culture of celebrities and their art, over those who truly make sacrafices that make them deserving of celebration. The Men and Women who serve our country in the Armed Forces, and carrying over the police officers, firefighters, and EMS workers deserve more recognition and admiration than they currently do.”
Members of the public and media are encouraged to attend the award ceremony on Wednesday May 24 at 4 PM in Uptown Jerome. While Mr. Haynie provided the Trophy, local businesses The Connor Hotel, Prohabition Pizza, Smokin Jerome, and other locations have all actively donated items to celebrate Officer Lee.
The following requirements are in place for this award:
The individual must have served the country for no fewer than eight years. All branches of the Armed Forces are acceptable.
- Individuals who are not currently active must have been honorably discharged from service.
- During the period of eligibility, they must be a resident of Northern Arizona, or in a position that serves it.
- Eligible individuals must actively improve the community in a positive manner. This includes but is not limited to the roles of Police Officer, Firefighter, EMS, Reserves, Recruiters. Each application is reviewed on a case by case basis.
- The individual must be symbolic of patriotism for the United States of America, and take pride in the State of Arizona.
- Individuals may only receive this award a single time.
- Individual must not be part of group with the intention of overthrowing the government or causing harm to the government.
Company Name: Northern Arizona Patriotism Award
Contact Person: Joel Haynie
Country: United States