Global Pea Protein Market is expected to reach USD 313.5 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing consumption of gluten-free products for treatment of celiac disease is expected to boost the pea proteins demand during the forecast period.
Rising concerns over non-celiac gluten sensitivity is expected to result in rising consumption of gluten-free foods and is hence anticipated to positively impact the industry growth. Furthermore, the popularity of maintaining a gluten-free diet (GFD) owing to reduced carbohydrate intake and stimulation of weight loss is anticipated to propel the use of pea proteins over the forecast period.
Increasing importance of maintaining a GFD in treating innate immune response, joint pain, and numbness is foreseen to fuel the product demand in the future. Furthermore, this diet is gaining popularity as an effective treatment for curing symptoms of autism in children. This in turn is expected to drive the pea protein demand over the forecast period.
Significant prevalence of lactose intolerance among infants and children in developing regions such as Central & South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa is projected to be another significant driver of the industry growth. Pea protein is one of the highly preferred non-dairy substitutes, as it is characterized by good amino acid profile and is easily digestible. These attributes make the product favorable for use in various food & beverage products such as protein fortified health drinks and sports nutritional foods.
Full Research Report on Global Pea Protein Market Analysis: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pea-protein-market
U.S. pea protein market volume by product, 2014 – 2025 (Tons)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In terms of volume, bakery goods application is expected to rise at a CAGR of 13.6% from 2017 to 2025, owing to the utilization of pea protein as a fibrous and gluten-free product
- Pea concentrates accounted for a revenue share of 27.2% in 2016. These products comprise 70-80% of protein content and are favorably used in energy drinks and fruit mixes applications
- The growth of the food & beverage industry in Brazil, India, China, and Mexico as a consequence of increasing domestic consumption coupled with the adoption of modern farming technology is expected to drive the industry growth in the near future
- Companies are focusing on enhancement of their business growth through significantly investing in research & development, new product launches, and forward integration. Farbest and Roquette America have forward integrated business operations as they are engaged in the production as well as supply operations.
- In October 2014, Comax Flavors launched a new pea protein masking range of food additives owing to minimize or reduce the unpleasant flavor in the processed goods
- In April 2014, Carmit Candy Industries launched a wafer snack bar fortified with a dark chocolate coating and containing pea protein aimed at eliminating the pea protein flavor
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/nutraceuticals-functional-foods-and-dietary-supplements
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Pea Protein Market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Pea Protein Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand; 2014 – 2025)
Pea Protein Form Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand; 2014 – 2025)
Pea Protein Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand; 2014 – 2025)
- Meat extenders & analogues
- Bakery Goods
- Dietary Supplements
Pea Protein Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Access Press Release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-pea-proteins-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States