Being an important source of food energy, sugar today represents one of the top ten most traded commodities around the world. Known for its sweetening properties, sugar is proficient in lowering the freezing point of foods. Moreover, sugar is considered an indispensable product for the food industry as it provides an even texture to food items, enhances flavours, adds warm colour and extends the shelf life of the bakery products.
Albeit facing competition due to the presence of a number of low-calorie sweeteners, sugar still remains the preferable commodity for the majority of people across the world. The functional properties of sugar have helped expand its applications in the food and beverage industry. It is used in the pharmaceutical industry for its solubility effects in cough syrups and tablets. Factors such as rising population, increasing disposable incomes, flourishing food and beverage sectors and growing consumption of sugar in emerging regions have also contributed to the growth of the global sugar market. According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the market reached a consumption volume of 181 Million Tons in 2016 and is further expected to reach 195 Million Tons by 2022.
Request a free sample copy of the report: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=48&flag=B
Key findings from the report:
- Sugar is derived from two different sources, i.e., sugar cane and sugar beet. These two sources are the most important sugar crops. Sugar cane grows in warm, moist and tropical climates while sugar beet grows in cooler and temperate climates.
- The major end-uses of sugar include household consumption; in beverages, bakery and confectionery, ice cream & dairy products and others.
- Country-wise, Brazil dominated the market with a share of more than one-fifth of the total global production in 2016. Brazil was followed by India, the European Union, China and Thailand.
- On the basis of global consumption, India represented the world’s biggest consumer of sugar accounting for more than one-tenth of the total global consumption in 2016.
- Some of the key players in this market include Sudzucker AG, Tereos, Cosan, Mitr Phol Sugar Co., Ltd., Associated British Foods, Nordzucker AG, Biosev (Louis Drefyus), Wilmar International Limited and Thai Roong Ruang Group.
Expert Market Research has analysed the global sugar market according to source, end-use, major countries and top players:
Market breakup by Source
– Sugar Cane
– Sugar Beet
Market breakup by End-use
– Household Consumption
– Bakery and Confectionery
– Ice cream & Dairy products
Market breakup by Major Countries
– The European Union
– Sudzucker AG
– Mitr Phol Sugar Corporation, Ltd.
– Associated British Foods
– Nordzucker AG
– Biosev (Louis Drefyus)
– Wilmar International Limited
– Thai Roong Ruang Group
Click here for summary of the report with TOC: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/reports/sugar-market
Find more reports on Food and Beverages market research: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/categories/food-beverages-market-reports
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a market research and consultancy firm providing syndicated and custom research along with consultancy services to a wide clientele base which includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium enterprises. With our tailored approach, the clients gain valuable and unbiased insights that help to improve their competitive edge and realize sustainable growth.
With a keen focus on the qualitative aspect as well as accuracy of the reports, we align our resources and services as per the client’s requirement and offer a flexible engagement model that best suits their needs. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical & Materials, Energy & Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
Company Name: Expert Market Research
Contact Person: Karen Anderson
Address:85 Broad St 10004
City: New York
Country: United States