Pulse crops are the subcategory of legumes that are harvested solely to eat the dry seed. They are a sustainable crop as they use non-renewable energy inputs of other crops which results in a remarkably small carbon footprint. They also play a crucial role in crop rotation and improve the sustainability of cropping systems. Owing to their high nutritional content, pulses are considered as an essential part of everyday nutrition. They are a rich source of fibre, proteins, amino acids and minerals. Apart from this, pulses also help to lower blood cholesterol levels, control blood glucose levels and provides satiation. They are currently grown in 173 countries globally and come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours.
According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the global pulses market reached a volume of 82 Million Tons in 2016 and is further expected to 96 Million Tons by 2022. The market growth can be accredited to a number of forces. One of the major forces that has spurred the global demand for pulses is the rising health consciousness among consumers. In addition, factors such as population growth, rising disposable incomes and a strong demand from emerging nations have also been proactive in maintaining the overall demand.
Request a free sample copy of the report: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=93&flag=B
Key findings from the report:
- Various categories of pulses include chick pea, kaspa pea, lentil, pigeon pea, fava beans, black gram, mung beans and others. In 2016, chick pea dominated the market with the majority of the market share.
- The major end-users of pulses are retail store, snack food industry flour industry and others. In 2016, a majority of the pulses produced in the world are sold at retail stores for direct human consumption.
- Region-wise, India represented the largest producer of pulses, accounting for more than a fourth of the global production. It was followed by Canada, Myanmar, China, Brazil, Australia, United States and Russia.
- Being highly unorganized, the global pulses market is surrounded by a number of players. Some of these include AGT Foods and Ingredients, Adani Wilmar Pvt. Ltd., Solen Food Industry and Trade Inc., Gourmet Foods of Australia Pvt. Ltd. and ADM Benson Quinn.
To view the Report Summary and Table of Contents, click on: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/reports/pulses-market
Expert Market Research has analysed the global pulses market according to category, end-use, major regions and top players:
Market breakup by Category
- Chick Peas
- Kaspa Peas
- Pigeon Peas
- Fava Beans
- Black Gram
- Mung Beans
Market breakup by End-use
- Retail Store
- Snack Food Industry
- Flour Industry
Market breakup by Region
- United States
- AGT Foods and Ingredients
- Adani Wilmar Pvt. Ltd.,
- Solen Food Industry and Trade Inc.,
- Gourmet Foods of Australia Pvt. Ltd.
- ADM Benson Quinn
Find more reports on Food and Beverages Industry: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/categories/food-beverages-market-reports
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a market research and consultancy firm providing syndicated and custom research along with consultancy services to a wide clientele base which includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium enterprises. With our tailored approach, the clients gain valuable and unbiased insights that help to improve their competitive edge and realize sustainable growth.
With a keen focus on the qualitative aspect as well as accuracy of the reports, we align our resources and services as per the client’s requirement and offer a flexible engagement model that best suits their needs. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical & Materials, Energy & Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
Company Name: Expert Market Research
Contact Person: Karen Anderson
Address:85 Broad St 10004
City: New York
Country: United States