This report provides an overview of the pain pipeline landscape. The report provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for Osteoarthritis Pain, Migraine pain and Neuropathic Pain, therefore covering a number of the most difficult-to-treat chronic and acute pain subtypes.
Access Full Report With TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pain-drug-development-pipeline-review-2017
Osteoarthritis pain is the most common symptom associated with osteoarthritis which causes disruption of the cartilage. This further leads to rubbing of the bones against each other stimulating pain. Migraine is a disorder characterized by repeated attacks of severe headache. A migraine headache causes throbbing or pulsating pain, usually on only one side of the head. These headaches are often associated with nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Finally neuropathic pain, or neuralgia, is a condition in which the sensory system is affected. It is commonly accompanied by tissue injury, in which the nerve fibres could be damaged resulting in the generation of abnormal signals. However, it is exhibited in a range of diseases and has no specific identifiable cause.
The size of these pipelines ranges from 62 products in osteoarthritis pain to 249 in neuropathic pain. Within osteoarthritis pain, prostaglandin G/H synthases 1 and 2 and the nerve growth factor receptors are being studied by the most pipeline products; while the prostaglandin receptors are frequently targeted by already approved marketed products, the nerve growth factor receptors are not.
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pain-drug-development-pipeline-review-2017/request-sample
In migraine, it is the 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptors 1D and 1B which are being most frequently studied, again reflecting the composition of the market for this indication. However, the calcitonin gene related peptide and its receptor, also very frequently targeted, are not yet present in the migraine market. Finally, the favoured targets of neuropathic pain are the sodium channel protein type 9 (Nav1.9) and the mu type opioid receptor. While the latter is already heavily targeted in the pain market, the former is not.
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for pain therapeutics?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in the field of pain therapeutics?
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pain-drug-development-pipeline-review-2017/request-sample
Reasons to buy
- Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
- Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication, and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
- Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline, and the products being fielded by each of these
- Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Skeletal Disease Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017 –
- Transplantation Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017 –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States