Global Electronic Adhesives Market is expected to reach USD 7.80 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Electronic adhesives have enhanced intrinsic conductive and thermal properties which enable them to substitute soldering systems. Increasing significance of compact devices including flash drives, CDs, and communication drives is expected to drive demand over the forecast period.
Shift in trend toward miniaturization of electronic components has created need for these adhesives. Replacement of PCBs with multi-chip modules has also prompted product demand. PCBs are laminated plastic boards that utilized these adhesives in surface-mount components, bonding conformal coatings, wire tacking and encapsulating components. High installation costs for laminating & packaging machinery and product assembly are expected to remain key challenges for industry participants.
Electrically conductive adhesives emerged as the largest product segment and accounted for over 40% of total market volume in 2014. The segment is expected to gain share over next seven years on account of high demand across key end-use industries including automotive, building & construction and medical. UV curing adhesives market is expected to witness significant gains over the forecast period on account of their increasing penetration across medical industry.
Full Research Report on Global Electronic Adhesives Market Analysis:
U.S. electronic adhesives market revenue by product, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global electronic adhesives market demand was 1,103.3 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.6% from 2015 to 2022.
- Surface-mount devices were the leading application segment and accounted for over 40% of the total market volume in 2014. The segment is also expected to witness most significant growth in its market size owing to significant development in chip-bonding and replacement of conventional PCBs with these components in key applications such as mother boards, processors, and flash drives.
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market and accounted for over 50% of global demand in 2014. Large scale conformal coatings and surface mount devices manufacturing may be attributed to market size. This trend is expected to continue over the next seven years on account of rapid expansion of electronics industry in China, India, Taiwan and South Korea.
- China and India emerged as major markets both in terms of production and consumption. Favorable government initiatives such as “Make in India” have created significant avenues for future investments in terms of FDI for enhancing production capabilities within the region.
- Major companies with global electronic adhesives market share include Henkel AG & Co, Dow Chemicals and Hitachi Chemicals, HB Fuller, Kyocera Chemical Corp, 3M Company, Mitsui Chemicals LG Chemical Limited, and Indium Corporation.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Electronic Adhesives Market on the basis of product, application and region:
Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Thermal conductive
- Electrically conductive
- UV curing
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Surface mount devices
- Potting & encapsulation
- Conformal coatings
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
View Press Release Of This Research Report By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-electronic-adhesives-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more Information visit: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States