Global 3D Printing (3DP) Market is estimated to reach USD 23.79 billion by 2025, according to the new report conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. This technology is also called Additive Manufacturing (AM), is referred to as a procedure that produces parts through the successive addition of layers of materials in various 2D shapes. The layered 2D shapes are built upon one another to form a three-dimensional object. The process is different from the subtractive method of production where one begins with a block of material and grinds out unnecessary materials to obtain the desired final shape of the object.
The industry is well-established in the industrial sector owing to enhanced product manufacturing and time required for a product to reach the market. This technology is widely adopted in the industrial vertical, which is expected to lead to the largest market share of 3D printers in industrial applications. Additive manufacturing, which is the industrial version of three-dimensional printing, is anticipated to reach maturity over the forecast period.
However, desktop 3D printing is likely to hold a promising future owing to the growing popularity of the technology among hobbyists, innovators, and the education sector for technical training and domestic/personal uses. The technology is expected to be highly touted for its economic advantages rather than being perceived as a labor-intensive industrial manufacturing technique. Local shops that install 3D printers and offer 3D printing materials, filaments, 3D modeling, and 3D printer software have become an alternative business model, especially in developing economies such as Brazil, South Africa, and India.
The market is fragmented into three major application areas, namely prototyping, tooling, and functional part manufacturing. Apart from the industrial vertical, the automotive, healthcare, and aerospace & defense verticals are the strong adopters of the technology. Manufacturers in these verticals emphasize on the accuracy of operations, enhancement in product designing, and reliability offered by the parts, coupled with the time required for the product to arrive the market and expenditures involved in the production. Benefits offered by the technology are expected to lead to increased applications in these industry verticals in future as well. Moreover, factors such as intensive R&D along with heavy investments carried out by the public and private sectors are expected to result in numerous advancements in 3D printers and related technologies, owing to active government funding and initiatives carried out by developed economies.
North America held the majority of the market share in 2016, accounting for more than 35.0%. The large market share is attributed to the extensive adoption of 3D printers for 3D designing, 3D modeling, and 3D manufacturing of objects in several sectors. The Asia Pacific region has significantly emerged as a large manufacturing hub on account of the presence of a huge consumer base and surplus foreign investments in the region, thereby portraying a remarkable growth over the estimated duration.
3D printing is a capital-intensive technology and bears a few disadvantages, such as misconceptions among manufacturers about prototyping. Furthermore, the market currently lacks standard process controls and skilled workforce. These factors currently hamper the market growth; however, they are anticipated to be overcome over time owing to increasing government initiatives and growing awareness among individuals regarding the benefits of 3D printers.
Full Research Report on Global 3D Printing Market Analysis:
U.S. 3D printing market by vertical, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- 3D printing is gaining interest among individuals owing to benefits such as accurate and rapid prototyping along with the optimized time-to-market factors.
- The increasing application of 3D printers in automotive, healthcare, and aerospace & defense verticals are also expected to significantly drive market growth over the forecast period.
- Desktop printers are expected to gain noticeable attention over the forecast period on account of increasing popularity among researchers, hobbyists, small enterprises, personal users in domestic applications, and in the educational sector for training purposes.
- The prototyping application segment dominated the market in 2016 and is projected to continue dominating in future as well, accounting for a considerable market share by 2025.
- The others vertical segment, which includes imitation & jewelry, clothing, construction & engineering, architecture, toys, footwear, and so on, is expected to witness an extensive adoption of 3D printers for manufacturing goods & structures over the forecast period.
- The Asia Pacific market is predicted to showcase a significant rise on account of increasing applications in the automotive, consumer electronics, infrastructure, urbanization, military & defense, and healthcare sectors, among others, especially in countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and India.
- Prominent players in the industry include Stratasys Ltd., 3D Systems, Inc., 3D Ceram, GE Additive, HP Inc., Tiertime, Dassault Systemes, Made In Space, and Voxeljet AG.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/emerging-and-next-generation-technologies
3D printing market by software, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the Global 3D Printing Market based on printer type, technology, software, application, vertical, and region:
3D Printing Printer Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Desktop 3D Printer
- Industrial Printer
3D Printing Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Fuse Deposition Modeling
- Selective Laser Sintering
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering
- Polyjet Printing
- Inkjet Printing
- Electron Beam Melting
- Laser Metal Deposition
- Digital Light Processing
- Laminated Object Manufacturing
3D Printing Software Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Design Software
- Inspection Software
- Printer Software
- Scanning Software
3D Printing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Functional Parts
3D Printing Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Power & Energy
3D Printing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- The Middle East & Africa
View Press Release Of This Report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials, and healthcare.
For more Information visit: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States