The estimated market potential for FDCA (Furandicarboxylic Acid) is expected to reach USD 498.2 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Avantium’s FDCA production facility is expected to come online by in 2016 – 17 with annual capacity reaching 50-kilo tons by 2017. FDCA is expected to have great potential as a replacement to other petroleum based chemicals such as adipic acid, terephthalic acid and bisphenol A. The addressable market for FDCA as of 2013 was in excess of 50 million tons with PET and PBT being the largest applications.
The market potential for FDCA is expected to reach 498.15-kilo tons by 2020, growing at an exponential CAGR of 367.0% from 2014 to 2020, owing to the projected commercial production of FDCA by Avantium in 2016 using bio feed stock. The market for FDCA in 2013 was 40 tons with production on order basis primarily for scientific applications.
Full Research Report on Global FDCA Market Analysis:
FDCA potential application volume share, 2020
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Post commercialization, PET is expected to be the largest application segment for FDCA accounting for 64% of the global market in 2020. The growing demand for packaging material coupled with the need for bio based products is expected to greatly boost the demand for FDCA.
- Polyamides are expected to be the second largest application segment in 2020 with a potential market for 80,000 tons. FDCA has the potential to replace adipic acid and its bio based alternative considering economic production by 2020.
- A limited number of companies manufactured and supplied FDCA as of 2013 and primarily for scientific purpose. Avantium is expected to begin construction of its first commercial FDCA plant with 50 kilo ton capacity in 2015 and is expected to begin production by 2017.
- Avantium has been a key participant inFDCA technology development, with partnerships and alliances with key application clients including The Coca-Cola Company, Danone, Teijin, Solvay and Rhodia.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/renewable-chemicals
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Global Furandicarboxylic Acid (FDCA) Market on the basis of application:
• FDCA Potential Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Polyester Polyols
View Press Release Of This Research Report By Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials, and healthcare.
For more Information visit us: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States