“Fixed-mobile Convergence in Middle East and North Africa”, a new Telecom Insider Report provides an overview of the state of fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) in the MENA region. The report draws from examples of fixed-mobile convergence from operators around the world to understand the market conditions which lead to convergence. The report first provides an overall introduction to FMC and a comparison of FMC development in different regions. It offers an analysis of the pathway in which operators converge, and examines the benefits of convergence, with examples from operators. Then it provides an overview of the MENA region in terms of FMC, and analyzes the conditions for those markets which have already seen convergence, as well as those who have not. Looking at 11 MENA markets in particular, the report provides and in-depth comparison of different conditions relevant to FMC development. Then the report dives into three case studies of fixed-mobile convergence in MENA: Bahrain, Egypt, and Turkey. The report concludes with recommendations for operators interested in pursuing FMC.
Fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) has emerged in some competitive markets as a way for operators to differentiate and pursue growth. In MENA, FMC is nascent, with only a handful of opreators offering converged services. There are a number of market and regulatory conditions which support or hinder the development of FMC.
– Compared to Europe, where some operators have pursued fixed-mobile convergence as their central strategy, MENA has seen relatively few cases of convergence, and all of them relatively recent or at an early stage.
– The state of competition, regulation, and base of subscribers bi-equipped for both fixed and mobile services are key for the development of convergence.
– There is scope for more fixed-mobile convergence development in MENA. However, the feasibility and entrance point of convergence depends on the unique conditions of each market and the profile of each operator.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the market conditions and business models for fixed-mobile convergence, to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
– Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the fixed-mobile market in MENA; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
– The report discusses concrete opportunities in fixed-mobile convergence in MENA, providing a number of actionable recommendations for operators.
– Eleven MENA markets are compared in terms of market competition, regulation, and subscriber base; providing an overview of the conditions facilitating and hindering convergence for the region.
Table of Content: Key Points
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Introduction to fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) 6
Section 2: MENA market overview 15
Section 3: Case studies 22
Section 4: Key findings and recommendations 29
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349