The Global Western Blotting Market is anticipated to reach a value of USD 958.4 millionby 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising number of cases with HIV are increasingly contributing towards the growth of western blotting market. This kind of testing is highly effective in detecting HIV among people. According to UNAIDS, nearly 36.7 million people were living with HIV throughout the world in 2015. Such high prevalence of HIV is expected to accelerate the demand for products used in western blotting. Lyme diseases also require western blotting to detect Borrelia burgdorferi (Bb), which causes such diseases. Other diseases which require western blot for detection of specific proteins include mad cow disease, hepatitis, and feline immunodeficiency.
Moreover, significant investments in R&D activities made by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are expected to foster growth of western blotting market. According to a news journal, biotech companies spent USD 40.1 billion in 2015 on R&D activities, which was a 16% rise from their 2014 investments. Hence, with rising number of R&D activities, there is an expected rise in the demand for western blotting tests in the near future.
Full Research Report on Global Western Blotting Market Analysis:
U.S. western blotting market, by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2016, consumables segment held the largest market share and is also expected to exhibit fastest growth over the forecast period owing to rising diagnostic and research-based activities requiring western blotting
- Amongst the application segment, biomedical & biochemical research contributed towards the largest revenue share in 2016 due to increasing government spending in proteomics research
- The disease diagnostics segment is anticipated to witness highest CAGR over the forecast period due to rising epidemiology of HIV, Lyme, and other related diseases
- Amongst the end-use segment, such as academic & research institutes dominated the market in 2016 owing to growing number of research activities conducted by educational institutions supported by government funding
- The pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are expected to grow at a significant CAGR over the forecast period due to increasing R&D spending by such companies
- Some of the key players are Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., GE Healthcare, LI-COR Biosciences, Bio-Techne Corporation, PerkinElmer, Inc., and Merck KGaA.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
North America western blotting market share, by application, 2016
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Western Blotting Market on the basis of product, application, end-use and region:
Western Blotting Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Gel Electrophoresis Instruments
- Blotting Systems
- Semi-Dry Blotting Instruments
- Wet Blotting Instruments
- Imagers Consumables
- Chemiluminescent Imagers
- Fluorescent Imagers
Western Blotting Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Biomedical & Biochemical Research
- Disease Diagnostics
Western Blotting End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Diagnostic Centers
Western Blotting Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
View Blog On this research report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States