U.S. Flavors Market is expected to reach USD 4.87 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing consumption of processed & ready-to-eat products has fostered the demand for flavor enhancing additives to offset low food quality and tasteless products.
Increasing consumer awareness regarding detrimental effects of synthetic chemicals in artificial food ingredients is expected to promote organic & natural flavor consumption. Rising consumer disposable income and expanding food & beverage sector in the U.S are also expected to contribute to natural extracts demand over the forecast period.
Feed grains are also being utilized for alternative applications such as bio-fuel generation, which has diverted food supply to some extent in the U.S. Processed foods are thus being consumed to a larger extent in order to counterpoise dwindling fresh food supplies, which has driven flavors consumption to enhance taste & quality.
Beverages were the leading application segment for liquid additives with valuation of over USD 1.39 billion in 2016. Rising demand for these additives in products such as sports and energy, carbonated and alcoholic drinks to enhance taste and aroma is expected to drive segment growth.
Full Research Report on U.S. Flavor Market Analysis:
U.S. liquid flavors market revenue by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- U.S. flavor market size is expected to reach USD 4,868.4 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 2.2% from 2017 to 2025
- Liquid products are expected to remain the largest segment over the forecast period owing to high utilization by numerous processed food manufacturers seeking to lower production costs
- Increasing demand for natural products and ingredients in food & beverage sector are anticipated to drive liquid flavor extracts demand. The segment was estimated at over USD 447 million in 2016 which is projected to grow at highest CAGR of 3.2% over the forecast period
- Powdered flavors was the largest category within dry products, owing to high consumption in beer which utilizes multiple dry malts. These additives are incorporated to offset the strong aroma & taste of ‘hops’, a key ingredient in beer production.
- Increasing consumption of exotic & unique textured products is also driving the demand for dry herbs & spices. The segment is anticipated to grow at over 1.7% CAGR over the forecast period.
- Beverages emerged as the largest application segment in terms of revenue with over 53% volume share in 2016. The segment is also anticipated to emerge as the fastest growing application with over 2.4% CAGR from 2017 to 2025.
- Major industry participants include Symrise AG, Frutarom Industries Ltd., Givaudan SA and International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. among others
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/ready-to-eat-processed-and-frozen-foods
U.S. flavors market volume by application, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. Flavors Market on the basis of product and application:
U.S. Flavor Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Organic Flavor Concentrates
- Flavor extracts
- Artificial flavor liquids
- Dry Spices & Herbs
- Powdered Flavors
U.S. Flavor Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Bakery & confectionaries
- Dairy & frozen foods
- Processed foods
- Others (Pet Food, Pharmaceuticals, E-Cigarettes and Vapor Machines)
View Press Release Of This Report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more Information visit: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States